Trevor Lakes

During his three seasons at UIndy, Lakes was a career 41-percent 3-point shooter with 577 total attempts.

“Shooting is my big thing. That’s what I’m known for,” Lakes told HuskerOnline.com last week. “But my competitiveness is really the word I use to describe me when I’m out there. I’ll do whatever it takes to win. I feel like I bring a good IQ to the game. 

“Obviously I’m not as quick or athletic as some guys at a Big Ten school like Nebraska, but I feel like I have an IQ that still allows me to be effective.”

Lakes will have to sit out this season per current NCAA transfer rules and would have one remaining year of eligibility for the 2021-22 season.

He chose Nebraska over a slew of DI offers after entering the transfer portal, including the likes of Illinois, Xavier, and Wichita State.

Trying to find some highlights of him at  U Indy... will report back. He was part of the Greyhound team that won @ Valpo. 

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, if he's coming from Div II, why does he need to sit?

Players always have to sit if they move up in classification.  They only waive the transfer year if a player moves down in classification.  Of course, this could all be moot if the NCAA approves the free transfer rule.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Players always have to sit if they move up in classification.  They only waive the transfer year if a player moves down in classification.  Of course, this could all be moot if the NCAA approves the free transfer rule.

Really?  Maybe my mind is on way too many things this morning and I'm not thinking clearly.  But, I don't remember that a player moving up a class had to sit out.

Oh well.

Watch...Mack will get a waiver and this kid won't.

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really?  Maybe my mind is on way too many things this morning and I'm not thinking clearly.  But, I don't remember that a player moving up a class had to sit out.

Oh well.

Watch...Mack will get a waiver and this kid won't.

I know a buddy of mine was able to go D1 to NAIA without sitting. And then went from NAIA to Div. 2 without losing a year. It only applies from NAIA where you do not sit I believe. NCAA Div 1/2/3 to NCAA Div 1/2/3/I think you have to sit.  It might be different going down a level too.

13 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Here are some more highlights I found.

My thoughts

-Has excellent range and knows when to shoot

-Quick release that is hard to defend- the pump fake for him works well

-Nice size, tall and rangy player

-Knows where he needs to be and moves well

-Can shoot over people

I haven’t watched. Is he a guy you basically park in the corner and drive and dish to? Or does he offer more offense than that?  Defense?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I haven’t watched. Is he a guy you basically park in the corner and drive and dish to? Or does he offer more offense than that?  Defense?

More of a guy that can move without the ball and has a quick release.He can cause defenses to sick to him if he shoots it well and he could be a Gallegos type and stand i a spot. Kavas struggled because he had a slow release and had a tough stretch where he could not put the ball in the hoop. This guy gets rebounds, had 41 blocked shots, and snipes from three. You bet if he gets a year off he will adapt and be a player that if you leave open will knock it in. 

So a more versatile and athletic Kavas. I did not watch him but he should be able to defend as well as last year with how horrible our defense was.