Transfer Targets 2022 Portal Edition

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Looking at mock drafts, he's not getting drafted in anyone's mock.   Even having a great G League camp, maybe puts him in the second round w/non-guaranteed contract.   I'm betting he ends up at Creighton and if he proves himself against Big East competition, he maybe sneaks into late first round next year.   I guess it'll all depend on what his NLI deal is w/Creighton and if that's more than a G-League contract.

18 minutes ago, sho said:

Looking at mock drafts, he's not getting drafted in anyone's mock.   Even having a great G League camp, maybe puts him in the second round w/non-guaranteed contract.   I'm betting he ends up at Creighton and if he proves himself against Big East competition, he maybe sneaks into late first round next year.   I guess it'll all depend on what his NLI deal is w/Creighton and if that's more than a G-League contract.

I'll say this first so there isn't any misconceptions.  I really wish he would have picked Nebraska.  I wanted him here.

However, this guy's stock took off in the NCAA tournament.  Before that, I don't think anyone really knew who he was.  So, I fully understand the draft projections you explained.  He needs to prove he can do that over an entire season against better competition.  That's why he's transfering.  He's proven he was a very good player in March.  And, that was impressive.  But, that's not evidence he can do it an entire season against good teams that can scout against him.

34 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Man Creighton is gonna be freaking loaded next year with this kid (if he sticks).  

I've seen multiple national pundits have them now in the top 10 in the way too early preseason picks.   They are stacked and young.   Their core, including Kalkbrenner, are all sophomores.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 months later...