Huskers Land North Dakota State Transfer Sam Griesel

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I thought I saw somewhere that he was a point guard. 

I did not watch any NDSU basketball.  But, according to the Real Gm site below he is slated as a small forward. He could potentially play point guard if need be. However, we need a Cam Mack like distributor to be in win now mode. Sam will still start at the 2 or 3, hopefully the three and Trey comes back. 

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/The-Summit-League/32/North-Dakota-State/312/depth-charts

12 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I did not watch any NDSU basketball.  But, according to the Real Gm site below he is slated as a small forward. He could potentially play point guard if need be. However, we need a Cam Mack like distributor to be in win now mode. Sam will still start at the 2 or 3, hopefully the three and Trey comes back. 

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/The-Summit-League/32/North-Dakota-State/312/depth-charts

On 3/22/2022 at 11:59 PM, HuskermanMike said:

This is a very big pick up. He could play a few positions for us and will fit well in Hoiberg's system. Many tournament caliber teams were interested in getting him and picked the Huskers because he wants to elevate the program.

He is a high IQ player who is not going to be a Teddy Allen and look to volume shoot/score. He will play through the system and get his points through the offense. I would say he is definitely a B1G caliber starter at the 2 or 3 and can average double figures here. If Trey and Walker come back we definitely have something going for us with experience.

Nebraska could still use a point guard similar to Cam Mack who can be a distributor and still get to the hoop. Another big wing or 4 would help as I think Lat is gone and that will fill out the roster. Hopefully, the new staff member can bring a guard with him and then the staff fill the 4 spot with a plug and play guy  in the portal to help the team in a must win year. 

Thank you, great insight.  Sounds like a good addition for sure.

I went to the basketballGM site.  He's played 90 games and like 80 as a starter.  His shooting efficiency was good this year.  You can see the progress.  I like the idea of a veteran coming on board, who can score, pass, grab some rebounds and bring leadership.  He's going to do well.  I would love to see him get 16 a night (trajectory says so). 

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...