Betts

8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

uh oh, what’d DB have to say.

I didn't listen to Sharp/Benning this morning and the breaking of the news took place after the show ends so I'd be surprised if they touched on it at all.  I imagine they'll spend a chunk of time talking about it tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

uh oh, what’d DB have to say.

Just started listening to this, but Sharp & Benning put together a quick podcast to discuss Betts' status.  It's just over 15 minutes.  Sounds like Betts is having doubts about him being cut out for this type of football environment.

https://post.futurimedia.com/koznam/playlist/34/listen-4568.html?cb=1648141386.227357

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Just started listening to this, but Sharp & Benning put together a quick podcast to discuss Betts' status.  It's just over 15 minutes.  Sounds like Betts is having doubts about him being cut out for this type of football environment.

https://post.futurimedia.com/koznam/playlist/34/listen-4568.html?cb=1648141386.227357

Well, if that’s the case, it’s best he quits wasting the time of all involved.

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Well, if that’s the case, it’s best he quits wasting the time of all involved.

Benning's podcast goes into detail in that Betts doesn't make his life around football and athletics.  It's not his "identity", and he just plays football because he's been very good at it, and he's trying to use it to get a college education.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that type of personality and priorities in life, but that may not do well with the demands of big-time college football.  Maybe he takes some time to figure things out and he works out a path with Frost, Whipple, and Joseph to come back, or maybe he's done for good.

• Plus1 3

That makes it sound like he's had a spiritual awakening while on a psychedelic mushroom trip and now he's integrating. 

34 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Benning's podcast goes into detail in that Betts doesn't make his life around football and athletics.  It's not his "identity", and he just plays football because he's been very good at it, and he's trying to use it to get a college education.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that type of personality and priorities in life, but that may not do well with the demands of big-time college football.  Maybe he takes some time to figure things out and he works out a path with Frost, Whipple, and Joseph to come back, or maybe he's done for good.

34 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Interesting, as the rumors around Bellevue was that academics weren't his strong suit either, at least while he was at BellWest.

23 minutes ago, sho said:

Interesting, as the rumors around Bellevue was that academics weren't his strong suit either, at least while he was at BellWest.

He may have had grade issues, as well, but I don't think that has any impact on wanting to be more than just an athlete.  Take a listen to the podcast I linked.  It gives good insight on numerous players to come through NU with similar feelings as Betts is having right now.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If that's the case, not only is there anything wrong with that perspective but it's actually probably healthier and better for him overall as a person, but yeah, probably not conducive towards a high stakes pressure cooker environment at this level.

28 minutes ago, Axl_sued_me said:

That makes it sound like he's had a spiritual awakening while on a psychedelic mushroom trip and now he's integrating. 

I thought the same thing :lol:

Good for him if so. More people honestly need something like this in their life haha.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1