Betts

Sounds like a Spielman type of deal - is his heart really in it?

In any case, I'm not losing too much sleep over this. Toure was the only WR on the team who really stood out last year - this ain't like when we lost Wan'dale. Betts has plenty of potential, but that doesn't mean much until it shows on the field.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

People need to stop acting like this doesn't happen on just about every other team in the country.  If you have a team of 100+ kids, there's going to be some issues with kids from time to time.  Now, the real issue is that we aren't winning.  If we were winning, nobody would be making as big of a deal about this.  

Agree fully. This wasn’t the first, and it won’t be the last. 

9 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

He's happy with who are practicing right now, Mickey's doing a good job, and he's not concerned about the position at all.  That makes a lot of sense to me.

So when he says Betts is not part of the team right now, I take that at face value.  It means the door hasn't been closed forever.  So I'm not reading beyond that.  We are still in Spring, and a long way before fall camp.  I'm not even bothered by it.

2 hours ago, ndobney said:

As far as programs go a lot of fcs schools are in a better place than we are right now

That's because their competition is FCS schools.

There are also DII and DIII schools in a better place than we are right now. There are also high school programs in a better place than we are - because they're more well positioned in relation to their competition and their goals.

Do you think you're making a point here?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No details have come out on Betts yet, other than him not being on the team right now.  My complete guess is that Mickey Joseph came into the WR room and challenged all of the guys to compete for the playing time and pecking order.  Betts may have not responded well to that challenge or his perceived place on the depth chart.

Again, I don't have any proof of this, but it's my guess based on comments from Joseph this spring about how he was handling the WR room.

This is pretty good guess. 

7 hours ago, I am I said:

Saw Betts passed out a in wheelchair on his recruiting visit, wasted, in the hotel lobby with dudes pushing him into an elevator. Go back and check my post in his recruiting forum. 
as the wind blows…

That isn't that big of a deal really.  We would take recruits out all the time and get them hammered and show them what a weekend in college is like.  Then drop them off back at their hotels and laugh at them when they came up and met with the coaches the next morning. Our signing rate was top notch when it came to hosting recruits. Doesn't mean those kids were bad kids or didn't love football.  

• Plus1 6