Betts

Status is still the same.  

* Wide receivers coach Mickey Joseph said he's been in contact with Zavier Betts, the talented sophomore who left the team last month after the school's spring break. If Betts wanted back on the team, Joseph said, the ultimate decision on whether he's welcomed back would fall on head coach Scott Frost. 

Whether the conversations even progress that far remains to be seen. 

"We'll deal with that down the line," Joseph said, adding that Betts will always be "part of me," regardless of whether he returns to the program or not in the future. 

Since Betts left the program, NU has moved Omar Manning back to the X position on the outside and stuck mostly with Trey Palmer in the slot and Alante Brown and Oliver Martin squarely in the picture, as well. 

21 hours ago, knapplc said:

Manning, Brown and Martin are solid. Palmer may be solid-to-good.

Looks like we're in good hands. But we need depth. 

I have nothing but gut instinct on this but I think Palmer ends up being the WR #1 by the time everything shakes out.  He was a 5-star coming out of HS and frankly, Nebraska is due for one of these highly recruited SEC transfers to work out.  Note, I am completely talking out of my hindquarters on this one.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 9 months later...