Betts

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Between IGC and Betts, do we need a 'Those no longer no longer with us' thread?

So was there no interest elsewhere or did Rhule and team recruit him hard to get him back?    He seemed to be hot in the first game last year and then faded quickly. 

Coaching, or CT zeroing in on Palmer or lack of effort by IGC??

@TGHusker AFAIK IGC's biggest issue was his hands. He has the athleticism and route running abilities, but had issues with drops and fumbles, both in game and in practice. That led to him losing his starting position and getting fewer snaps.

1 minute ago, Toe said:

@TGHusker AFAIK IGC's biggest issue was his hands. He has the athleticism and route running abilities, but had issues with drops and fumbles, both in game and in practice. That led to him losing his starting position and getting fewer snaps.

I do remember that now.  Thanks for the reminder.  He had that critical fumble also in the NW game.  It actually appeared that the he didn't fumble it but the ref still ruled it as a fumble if I remember correctly. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 5
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I do remember that now.  Thanks for the reminder.  He had that critical fumble also in the NW game.  It actually appeared that the he didn't fumble it but the ref still ruled it as a fumble if I remember correctly. 

That fumble was a terrible call, and it wasn’t necessarily due to IGC having “bad hands”. He was caught from behind and the defender pulled at the ball while IGC was going down. If you want to nitpick, it could be lack of awareness, but he also had a great run after the catch before the fumble. In all honesty, I don’t think we saw enough from the guy in games to make any judgement. He had a decent game against Northwestern, didn’t see the field much after that, and then entered the transfer portal after Frost was fired. It was like he was on the team without being on the team. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That fumble was a terrible call, and it wasn’t necessarily due to IGC having “bad hands”. He was caught from behind and the defender pulled at the ball while IGC was going down. If you want to nitpick, it could be lack of awareness, but he also had a great run after the catch before the fumble. In all honesty, I don’t think we saw enough from the guy in games to make any judgement. He had a decent game against Northwestern, didn’t see the field much after that, and then entered the transfer portal after Frost was fired. It was like he was on the team without being on the team. 

That was suuuuuchhhhhhh a horrible call on that fumble!

Some rumors that he also did not really jive with MJ.  

• Plus1 5

12 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Rumor? Didn’t his dad express a few choice words about Mickey on Twitter?

Yeah he did.  Mickey if I remember correctly said or thought that IGC wanted to be Nebraska's number 1 wr and that wasn't happened.  I don't think that was the case feel like IGC didn't feel like he lost his spot or did anything to warrant losing playing time.  I would say it was a significant loss during the season.  Glad he's back for now.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

According to Sipple, Betts needs to do a lot of work academically to be eligible by next fall.

If this is true, it may make sense that he withdrew from the portal.  I highly doubt that he would have many teams calling if academics are an issue (which we know they are, bc I have mentioned many times that was the case, clear back to HS).... Guessing that Rhule sees the talent....Betts options were limited, to say the least.... so come back, possibly cash in on some NIL..... join team so he can get the academic support that athletes get... become eligible for Fall practices. 

Now, this is just the rumor from Sip, so maybe, he just really appreciate Rhule compared to the old staff and wanted to stay a Husker and will be a full participant and eligible to play right away.