The team's home game routine.

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I know they aren't all best friends.  I had teammates I genuinely disliked.  Some of them lived on the same floor as me.  You know where they didn't live?  In my room/apartment.  Just because you live in the same building doesn't mean you have to talk to or hang out with people. And when they leave the building they are still free to do what they wish with their free time.  Doesn't mean they have to do stuff together.  But they would all be sleeping in their normal environment before a game and probably more comfortable.  

I get it, I do, but they are college kids.  Some might want to live off campus or on their own or in a dorm.  

They probably also want to be able to party and have fun and not feel watched 24/7

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get it, I do, but they are college kids.  Some might want to live off campus or on their own or in a dorm.  

They probably also want to be able to party and have fun and not feel watched 24/7

Damn i'm just talking about a building not a prison.  There doesn't need to be guards or night watchmen.  It could even be just off campus if it makes you feel better.

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I know they aren't all best friends.  I had teammates I genuinely disliked.  Some of them lived on the same floor as me.  You know where they didn't live?  In my room/apartment.  Just because you live in the same building doesn't mean you have to talk to or hang out with people. And when they leave the building they are still free to do what they wish with their free time.  Doesn't mean they have to do stuff together.  But they would all be sleeping in their normal environment before a game and probably more comfortable.  

News flash.  Most people after their freshman year don't want to live in University housing.  I'll try to put this lightly.  This is a horrible idea and would be a complete waste of money for the AD department.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

What if....?

I local developer builds a tremendous apartment complex.  Offers free high end luxury apts to FB players in an attempt to get other "stalker fans" to live in the same apartment complex but regular apartments to be close and party with players.

Guess that is more of an NIL question...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

News flash.  Most people after their freshman year don't want to live in University housing.  I'll try to put this lightly.  This is a horrible idea and would be a complete waste of money for the AD department.

But...they could have like...pool tables and a dartboard!  

What if, none of the guys on the team can hang out with girls?

Here me out...I mean it could cause some issues and really all they have to do is give up dating/girls for like 4-5 years and they could probably work a NIL deal with like an absitience company or Crocs or a cargo short company, who all promote or force virginity.  

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What if, none of the guys on the team can hang out with girls?

Here me out...I mean it could cause some issues and really all they have to do is give up dating/girls for like 4-5 years and they could probably work a NIL deal with like an absitience company or Crocs or a cargo short company, who all promote or force virginity.  

might have been a good idea for some players a few years ago 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

All of that doesn't even mention that all the off-campus players get a check cut for several thousand dollars when they're not using the 'room & board' their scholarship includes.

25 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

All of that doesn't even mention that all the off-campus players get a check cut for several thousand dollars when they're not using the 'room & board' their scholarship includes.

Most scholarships include $ available to players if they want to live off campus.  They don't need to live in the dorms to get the financial aid.

13 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Most scholarships include $ available to players if they want to live off campus.  They don't need to live in the dorms to get the financial aid.

That's what I'm saying. The estimated room & board cost at UNL for 2021-22 is $11,920.

If players live off campus, they get a check cut for $11,920 or something close to it because that's part of their scholarship. They're then free to spend that on whatever they want and if they get 4-5 people in a house to make rent cheap, that's a whole lot of free money left over.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

That's what I'm saying. The estimated room & board cost at UNL for 2021-22 is $11,920.

If players live off campus, they get a check cut for $11,920 or something close to it because that's part of their scholarship. They're then free to spend that on whatever they want and if they get 4-5 people in a house to make rent cheap, that's a whole lot of free money left over.

My bad, I totally misunderstood you!  Feel free to kick me in my nuts!