OLB Ashley Williams [Arizona State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

23 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Williams commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Well Ashley Williams did for warn us in the sense that he committed to us bc he wanted a spot on the team and that he didn't want to lose out if his scholarship wasn't going to be available down the line. Don't know if that is the right/good enough reason to justify committing but Nebraska took his commitment. I want him on the team but if he isn't fully in then it hurts the team in the long run. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well Ashley Williams did for warn us in the sense that he committed to us bc he wanted a spot on the team and that he didn't want to lose out if his scholarship wasn't going to be available down the line. Don't know if that is the right/good enough reason to justify committing but Nebraska took his commitment. I want him on the team but if he isn't fully in then it hurts the team in the long run. 

So I'm curious. Were there any coaches that tweeted after his commitment? The coaches can't comment on a recruit by name so they may or may not have said he could commit. 

5 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

So I'm curious. Were there any coaches that tweeted after his commitment? The coaches can't comment on a recruit by name so they may or may not have said he could commit. 

This all makes more sense of something I heard a couple of weeks ago but didn't quite understand. I was listening to the HuskerOnline podcast and during the mailbag segment somebody asked why the coaches had no online reaction to the latest commit. Callahan replied "Oh boy" then proceeded to dance around the question stating many of the coaches are away at this time of year on vacation. Then he ended by stating "There's something there I'll say" which basically told me something is going on but he isn't at liberty to say what. So either they didn't accept his commitment or if they did and found he was just using it as a placeholder and still looking around decided to cut him loose.

6 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I try to keep an eye on that as well.  Every once in awhile it means something.

But I don't think so in this case.  I'm pretty sure they wanted him.

Although the only one that I can find that seemed to respond to his commitment Tweet was our new Director of On-Campus Recruiting, who retweeted his commitment Tweet and posted something that seemed to reference it.  So .... maybe???

• seaofred92 changed the title to OLB Ashley Williams
  • Mavric changed the title to OLB Ashley Williams [Arizona State - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 unpinned this topic