2022 Masters

Mavric

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Advice for any middle aged guy thinking about getting a vasectomy and likes golf.  Thursday of Masters week is a great weekend to get it.  

Your family will leave you alone all weekend to do nothing but nap and watch golf. 

Nice idea.  But shouldn't you go for Wednesday.

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Nice idea.  But shouldn't you go for Wednesday.

That’s possible.  But, you risk the DR telling your wife you can return to light duty after 72 hours. Don’t want to risk her thinking you can do something on Sunday. 

If you have it in the morning on Thursday, you’ll be home with the ice pack in the basement by noon to watch all afternoon. 

Just depends on how much you trust your wife to have your best interest at heart. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s possible.  But, you risk the DR telling your wife you can return to light duty after 72 hours. Don’t want to risk her thinking you can do something on Sunday. 

I had mine at a relatively young age (32) and have always been a pretty fast healer, but 72 hours was not nearly enough healing time. I was able to return to my desk job of course, but for at least a week, every step I walked gave me that little stomach ache that you get when you get kicked in the balls. I wore a jock strap to keep things from being unnecessarily jostled for at least a couple weeks, until the stitches fully healed.

However, I will say that sitting on the couch with an ice pack (or a bag of frozen peas) on your balls is an underrated pleasure. I might actually recommend the occasional lounge sesh with ice on your nuts even if you haven't had a recent vasectomy.

• Oh Yeah! 1

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I love the masters and love the history that’s been made in the course.  

But, it always amazes me how few people actually play it throughout the year. I can’t imagine being the head greens keeper there knowing you keep up all of that course mainly for just this week. 

Augusta National does  allow play at the course from mid-October through Mid-May for a very exclusive list of members.  While the course doesn't get as much play as other famous golf courses in the US or World, it's not like the course is only played/occupied for 10 days a year.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gd0304augustamembership_sirak

58 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Augusta National does  allow play at the course from mid-October through Mid-May for a very exclusive list of members.  While the course doesn't get as much play as other famous golf courses in the US or World, it's not like the course is only played/occupied for 10 days a year.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gd0304augustamembership_sirak

I know.  But, I said very few play it. It’s like it’s the only course in the world that a golfer can never dream of playing. 

• Plus1 1