• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 9:41 AM, RedDenver said:

I watched the first 2 episodes (they were setting up well) but heard the show is getting cancelled, so quit watching it.

Where did you hear it was getting cancelled? While there isn't anything concrete about a season 2 yet, it's getting it's full 6 episode season. 

On 4/20/2022 at 7:36 PM, Mavric said:

So ... um .... well ... I guess there's that....

I watched the last 10 or so minutes doing that confused sideways-head tilt that dogs do. 

7 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Where did you hear it was getting cancelled? While there isn't anything concrete about a season 2 yet, it's getting it's full 6 episode season. 

I saw a headline about Oscar Isaac not returning and the show being cancelled but appears to have been clickbait. Isaac isn't yet signed for a second season, which a lot of sites are jumping to the conclusion that he's not going to be in the show going forward.

• Fire 1
13 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I saw a headline about Oscar Isaac not returning and the show being cancelled but appears to have been clickbait. Isaac isn't yet signed for a second season, which a lot of sites are jumping to the conclusion that he's not going to be in the show going forward.

Ah, that makes sense. As far as we know, there's only going to be one season. 

3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Episode 5 is one of the best pieces of superhero TV ever made. This series is fantastic. 

But why only 6 episodes? I see nothing getting wrapped up in the last episode. So much story to be told.

Oscar Isaac said his contract hasn't been picked up for a season 2 and didn't expect it to. Yes it was a clickbait article but it used an actual interview with him.

Edited by desertshox
Added Oscar Isaac info
54 minutes ago, desertshox said:

But why only 6 episodes? I see nothing getting wrapped up in the last episode. So much story to be told.

Oscar Isaac said his contract hasn't been picked up for a season 2 and didn't expect it to. Yes it was a clickbait article but it used an actual interview with him.

I'm wondering if they're holding out on announcing a season 2 like they did with Loki: in the end credits after the last episode. 

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm wondering if they're holding out on announcing a season 2 like they did with Loki: in the end credits after the last episode. 

But were the lead actors saying there wasn't going to be a second season in interviews? Keeping it quiet from everyone if they are.

Spoiler

I really want a season 2 if not more. I like the premise of him, even if Steven Grant drives me nuts. I really want to see the third personality (assuming that was who was in the shaking sarcophagus).

16 hours ago, desertshox said:

But were the lead actors saying there wasn't going to be a second season in interviews? Keeping it quiet from everyone if they are.

Hide contents

I really want a season 2 if not more. I like the premise of him, even if Steven Grant drives me nuts. I really want to see the third personality (assuming that was who was in the shaking sarcophagus).

They pulled the same thing with Tom Hiddleston before Loki aired. That, and it could be negotiated after the fact, too; Captain America 4 wasn't announced until after Falcon and the Winter Soldier was finished. 

Spoiler

I'm with you about wanting season 2, and there's a ton of things they can/need to cover that they won't get to in one episode: saving Steven, getting back to Earth, stopping Harrow, stopping Ammett and the third personality. 

I'm guessing there won't be a season 2.   This was created as a mini-series, much like Hawkeye or Falcon and WS.  I do believe that Oscar will play Moon Knight again.  I expect to see him in Midnight Sons, or Blade, or Werewolf by Night, or Black Knight that was teased.   He will be around, we just won't get another stand alone series of him.

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

So ... yeah ... I liked it and all.

But I have no clue if I have any clue what is going on in the last two episodes.

I can try and clear up some questions with a spoiler tag if you would like (no snark).