12 hours ago, Mavric said:

So ... yeah ... I liked it and all.

But I have no clue if I have any clue what is going on in the last two episodes.

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I can try and clear up some questions with a spoiler tag if you would like (no snark). 

Ditto. The stinger was interesting, to say the least. As was Disney walking back the 'Series Finale' declaration and calling it a 'Season Finale'. 

I have no doubt we'll be getting a Moon Knight Season 2: Electric Boogaloo soon. Would be a great vehicle to include more of the "monster" side of the MCU...like Blade, Werewolf by Night...

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

office-space-lumbergh.gif

Just some general overviews of episodes 5 and 6:

Spoiler

Episode 5: 

- Marc and Steven are dead, and find themselves awaiting judgement for the afterlife with the Egyptian goddess Tawaret. They go through memories in order to balance their hearts to make it to the Field of Reeds, the Egyptian afterlife. This is where we and Steven find out his origin: he's a DID created by Marc to deal with the actions, abuse and emotions of his mother, who completely abandons and blames Marc after Marc's brother dies in an accident.

- The scenes with Marc/Steven and Harrow-as-a-therapist are (IMO) part of Marc and Steven coming to terms with each other in their subconscience, but this part is a little fuzzier for me, and @VectorVictor can fill in some blanks if I'm missing something. 

- By the end of the episode, Marc and Steven's hearts are not in balance, and they cannot enter Paradise; therefore they are pulled into the sands of death by the dead; Steven saves Marc and "dies", balancing Marc's heart and earning him passage into Paradise. 

Episode 6: 

- Harrow retrieves the statue of Ammit and breaks it to revive her. She accepts Harrow as her Avatar and charges him with pre-judging the souls of the living. Harrow kills the avatars of the other Egyptian gods and leaves for Cairo. 

- Tawaret convinces Layla to revive Khonshu to save Marc; Khonshu tries to persuede Layla to become his avatar, which she turns down.

- Marc saves Steven, and both are allowed to return to life by Osiris, the Egyptian god of the afterlife, as a response to Ammit's revival and Harrow killing the remaining avatars.

- Marc AND Steven both become Moon Knight again, and force Khonshu to agree to release them from their agreement after Ammit and Harrow's defeat.

- A dying avatar tells Layla to seal Ammit inside of Harrow in order to kill her. As it takes more than one avatar to seal Ammit, Layla agrees to become Tawaret's avatar (and gets a real cool suit in the process). 

- MK and Layla fight Harrow in the streets while a Kaiju fight between Ammit and Khonshu takes place by the pyramids. Marc is on the verge of losing when he blacks out. When he comes to, he's holding Harrow's limp body, and everyone around him is dead/incapacitated.

- They seal Ammit in Harrow, Khonshu releases Marc and Steven, and we end on Marc and Steven waking up in Steven's apartment, able to switch back and forth at will between Identities, but still tied into their bed. 

- The aftercredits scene reveals Jake Lockley, the third Identity (who is still bound to Khonshu). Jake takes Harrow/Ammit out of his psychiatric hospital and kills him with Khonshu in the back of a limo. 

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Ditto. The stinger was interesting, to say the least. As was Disney walking back the 'Series Finale' declaration and calling it a 'Season Finale'. 

I have no doubt we'll be getting a Moon Knight Season 2: Electric Boogaloo soon. Would be a great vehicle to include more of the "monster" side of the MCU...like Blade, Werewolf by Night...

There's been a lot of discussion about a Halloween special that's been/being filmed, but hasn't been publicly announced.   Feeling is it'll introduce more of the monster side of MCU.

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Just some general overviews of episodes 5 and 6:

Hide contents

Episode 5: 

- Marc and Steven are dead, and find themselves awaiting judgement for the afterlife with the Egyptian goddess Tawaret. They go through memories in order to balance their hearts to make it to the Field of Reeds, the Egyptian afterlife. This is where we and Steven find out his origin: he's a DID created by Marc to deal with the actions, abuse and emotions of his mother, who completely abandons and blames Marc after Marc's brother dies in an accident.

- The scenes with Marc/Steven and Harrow-as-a-therapist are (IMO) part of Marc and Steven coming to terms with each other in their subconscience, but this part is a little fuzzier for me, and @VectorVictor can fill in some blanks if I'm missing something. 

- By the end of the episode, Marc and Steven's hearts are not in balance, and they cannot enter Paradise; therefore they are pulled into the sands of death by the dead; Steven saves Marc and "dies", balancing Marc's heart and earning him passage into Paradise. 

Episode 6: 

- Harrow retrieves the statue of Ammit and breaks it to revive her. She accepts Harrow as her Avatar and charges him with pre-judging the souls of the living. Harrow kills the avatars of the other Egyptian gods and leaves for Cairo. 

- Tawaret convinces Layla to revive Khonshu to save Marc; Khonshu tries to persuede Layla to become his avatar, which she turns down.

- Marc saves Steven, and both are allowed to return to life by Osiris, the Egyptian god of the afterlife, as a response to Ammit's revival and Harrow killing the remaining avatars.

- Marc AND Steven both become Moon Knight again, and force Khonshu to agree to release them from their agreement after Ammit and Harrow's defeat.

- A dying avatar tells Layla to seal Ammit inside of Harrow in order to kill her. As it takes more than one avatar to seal Ammit, Layla agrees to become Tawaret's avatar (and gets a real cool suit in the process). 

- MK and Layla fight Harrow in the streets while a Kaiju fight between Ammit and Khonshu takes place by the pyramids. Marc is on the verge of losing when he blacks out. When he comes to, he's holding Harrow's limp body, and everyone around him is dead/incapacitated.

- They seal Ammit in Harrow, Khonshu releases Marc and Steven, and we end on Marc and Steven waking up in Steven's apartment, able to switch back and forth at will between Identities, but still tied into their bed. 

- The aftercredits scene reveals Jake Lockley, the third Identity (who is still bound to Khonshu). Jake takes Harrow/Ammit out of his psychiatric hospital and kills him with Khonshu in the back of a limo. 

Thanks. 

I'm mainly confused about

Spoiler

what is the "actual" reality.  If all the psych ward goings-on were more in his mind or afterlife determining, that makes sense.  

But it seemed odd that Marc/Steven had finally "resolved" a lot about what was going on but then he ends up back in his apartment tethered to the pole.

And how did Harrow end up in the psych ward himself.  I presume the credit scene was "real" as it introduced Jake and that was a part of the "reality" all along.

17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Thanks. 

I'm mainly confused about

Hide contents

what is the "actual" reality.  If all the psych ward goings-on were more in his mind or afterlife determining, that makes sense.  

But it seemed odd that Marc/Steven had finally "resolved" a lot about what was going on but then he ends up back in his apartment tethered to the pole.

And how did Harrow end up in the psych ward himself.  I presume the credit scene was "real" as it introduced Jake and that was a part of the "reality" all along.

Spoiler

- The "actual" reality was Marc/Steven dead in a pool in a pyramid in Egypt; the other two settings are layered in the afterlife. My interpretation of the scenes with Marc/Steven talking with Dr. Harrow are that they are at an Inception-level of the subconscious within Marc and Steve as they are trying to "balance their scales" while in the afterlife and reconcile with the fact that they are two personalities in the same body. When they come back together in ep. 6 and accept each other, that's when you see them truly break out of the "psych ward" in their mind. 

- Harrow's psych ward was reality; I'm assuming he's put there because of some sort of onset psychosis of being forced to inhabit the same body as an ancient Egyptian god. Getting killed by Jake is IRL. 

- Marc and Steven are resolved, but they up until the very end of the fight with Harrow, they weren't sure there was a third identity. Now they are, so I'm assuming they are taking the same precautions as before to know/mark when Jake decides to pop up. My main question there is if that scene takes place before or after the end-credits. 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Reveal hidden contents

- The "actual" reality was Marc/Steven dead in a pool in a pyramid in Egypt; the other two settings are layered in the afterlife. My interpretation of the scenes with Marc/Steven talking with Dr. Harrow are that they are at an Inception-level of the subconscious within Marc and Steve as they are trying to "balance their scales" while in the afterlife and reconcile with the fact that they are two personalities in the same body. When they come back together in ep. 6 and accept each other, that's when you see them truly break out of the "psych ward" in their mind. 

- Harrow's psych ward was reality; I'm assuming he's put there because of some sort of onset psychosis of being forced to inhabit the same body as an ancient Egyptian god. Getting killed by Jake is IRL. 

- Marc and Steven are resolved, but they up until the very end of the fight with Harrow, they weren't sure there was a third identity. Now they are, so I'm assuming they are taking the same precautions as before to know/mark when Jake decides to pop up. My main question there is if that scene takes place before or after the end-credits. 

That's what I thought I had gathered.  It just seemed odd that there were a couple of big jumps without really any explanation of how they got from where the main story concluded to the two conclusion scenes.  Especially the credits scene.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That's what I thought I had gathered.  It just seemed odd that there were a couple of big jumps without really any explanation of how they got from where the main story concluded to the two conclusion scenes.  Especially the credits scene.

The editing of the final episode left quite a bit to be desired, IMO. There could have been a bit more explanation, either visual or dialogue-wise, showing what exactly was going on. I got lost a couple times following the plotline with how quickly they cut from one storyline to another.

• 4 months later...