2022 World Cup

Mavric

very disappointing first half.   Missed that one that the Dutch handed us on a silver platter and since the days of Arenas, the script has been the same, the back 4 is and has been the weakest link of this team.   And I'm not really happy with how we are attacking the Dutch.    The best way i described it to my NFL friends, the Dutch have a lot of AJ Browns and Randy Moss type players.   We have players like Tyreke Hill and Julian Edelman and we are trying to play over the top of them.   We need to be little jitterbugs, quick touches and moves.   Cannot continue to play jump balls, that favors the much bigger Dutch.   Problem with this game plan, it requires being able to string passes together, also not our strong suit.

4 minutes ago, sho said:

very disappointing first half.   Missed that one that the Dutch handed us on a silver platter and since the days of Arenas, the script has been the same, the back 4 is and has been the weakest link of this team.   And I'm not really happy with how we are attacking the Dutch.    The best way i described it to my NFL friends, the Dutch have a lot of AJ Browns and Randy Moss type players.   We have players like Tyreke Hill and Julian Edelman and we are trying to play over the top of them.   We need to be little jitterbugs, quick touches and moves.   Cannot continue to play jump balls, that favors the much bigger Dutch.   Problem with this game plan, it requires being able to string passes together, also not our strong suit.

What we need is people who can finish.  We play too cute rather than shooting the ball.  We have finesse players when we need that bruiser who is greedy and just shoots the damn ball, instead we always see them try and make that 1 extra pass and give away a chance.

This game we have looked too tired and you are right, our back line has Ream who hasn't been bad, but then you have Zimmerman who gets 1 or 2 great plays and then does something absolutely stupid the most inopportune time. 

8 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

What we need is people who can finish.  We play too cute rather than shooting the ball.  We have finesse players when we need that bruiser who is greedy and just shoots the damn ball, instead we always see them try and make that 1 extra pass and give away a chance.

This game we have looked too tired and you are right, our back line has Ream who hasn't been bad, but then you have Zimmerman who gets 1 or 2 great plays and then does something absolutely stupid the most inopportune time. 

That will always be the US' biggest challenge.  The athlete needed to do that is already riding the bench on a football or basketball team and not realizing he could be a star on the pitch.

Just now, sho said:

That will always be the US' biggest challenge.  The athlete needed to do that is already riding the bench on a football or basketball team and not realizing he could be a star on the pitch.

We need another McBride.  We thought we had that in Altidore but then we realized Jozy was just lazy and could only play the ball if it was right to him.