Husker Softball 2022

18 hours ago, Comish said:

The NAME is the perception...

That's a lot of it. Also, Michigan's non-conference schedule included playing a lot of really tough opponents. Nebraska's? Not so much. That said, when a team wins 18 in a row, I don't care who you play - that should get one ranked. And now it has. Took long enough. 

51 minutes ago, HuskerJamie said:

That's a lot of it. Also, Michigan's non-conference schedule included playing a lot of really tough opponents. Nebraska's? Not so much. That said, when a team wins 18 in a row, I don't care who you play - that should get one ranked. And now it has. Took long enough. 

Yes, non-con means something.  However, once in conference play and one team is undefeated against the other, it should mean quite a bit.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, non-con means something.  However, once in conference play and one team is undefeated against the other, it should mean quite a bit.

Of course it should - and I'm not arguing against Nebraska here since we essentially agree - I think when Nebraska beat Michigan it may have been viewed as an anomaly.  

The Huskers have definitely proved it belongs in the rankings at the very least. Ahead of Michigan? Also yes. I hope they continue to to do well in preparation for the Big Ten Tournament.