Conference Realignment Rumors

So eventually, all of the P5 teams will be gathered into three(ish) super-conferences that all have a nationwide footprint. Then these super-conferences will partner together to form their own championship division of college football (officially freezing out the G5 teams, who have honestly always been frozen out of any championship discussion anyway).

Then, since these super-conferences are so large and it is logistically difficult to shuttle student athletes from coast to coast every week, most of the scheduling will be reorganized into geographic regions/divisions. When this happens, all of the P5 teams will effectively be back into same the geographic conferences that we all started with.

Is that where this is all headed?

• Fire 1

40 minutes ago, Ulty said:

So eventually, all of the P5 teams will be gathered into three(ish) super-conferences that all have a nationwide footprint. Then these super-conferences will partner together to form their own championship division of college football (officially freezing out the G5 teams, who have honestly always been frozen out of any championship discussion anyway).

Then, since these super-conferences are so large and it is logistically difficult to shuttle student athletes from coast to coast every week, most of the scheduling will be reorganized into geographic regions/divisions. When this happens, all of the P5 teams will effectively be back into same the geographic conferences that we all started with.

Is that where this is all headed?

Seems likely.

And, like you said, they'll be so big that there will be some sort of groupings.

So instead of six conferences there will be three with two groupings each.  Which is kind of the same as six, if my math is right.

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, nic said:

Not sure if this was already posted. 

B1G has vetted 10 teams: Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Duke, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Miami, and Virginia.

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/news/ohio-state-buckeyes-big-ten-expansion-acc-pac-12-programs-dissovlement.

I assume ND doesn't need anymore vetting. 

"Vetted" doesn't have to mean "approved for admission", does it? 

I mean ... you can vet something and find it lacking.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Mavric said:

"Vetted" doesn't have to mean "approved for admission", does it? 

I mean ... you can vet something and find it lacking.

True. Not all will make it.

6 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Let's just take this biatch to 32 teams.  and tell the NCAA to kiss our hind parts!

The only question left is are we the NFC or AFC.

18 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I bet we see some ACC schools join before anymore PAC schools.  Miami is a sure bet for one of the teams along with NC.  

If Miami does join the BigTen, IMO, just adds more reason for ND to join.  Most of their rivals (UM, USC, and the U) would be in BigTen, would just need to add the tree, and I don't know how important that game is to ND.    Add Miami, UNC, ND and screw the Big XII, let's get UConn too.   Would put the BigTen as the top of the mountain (in terms of viewership) in both Football and Basketball.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1