MLB 2022 Race to 13

Mavric

Simple game.  Pick a team.  If your team is the first to finish any regular season game with every number of runs from 1 to 13, you win.

If your team finishes three games each with 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13 runs but never finishes with 12, you're still looking.

First come, first served on drafting.

I'm taking the Mets.

• Oh Yeah! 1

7 hours ago, admo said:

Thought of taking the Astros, but I would feel sick about it.  Love the Braves team, but for this fun contest, I will go with the BlueJays.

BlueJays :)

Friend of mine introduced me to this contest this year.  Draft-style in his pool.  Blue Jays were my second pick.  Got stuck with my #3 which was ... the Astros.

• Oh Yeah! 1

I don't know if there will be much interest in this contest.  But I would say we'll leave it open even though games are being played.  But perhaps the caveat should be you can't select a team that has already notched one of the double-figure amounts.

Currently the only team to do that is the Blue Jays and they're already spoken for.  So all other teams are still on the table.

• Plus1 1

lol @Mavric that's actually great!  Getting stuck with the Astros is like a pot of gold runs.

Astros

BlueJays

Dodgers

Yankees

All these teams are run-scoring machines, with loads of hitting talent, in batter-friendly ballparks.

For the record, I watched the Texas Rangers go up 6-0 on Toronto through 2 innings.  BlueJays won 10-8.  They didn't even need the 9th inning ABs.  

58 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't know if there will be much interest in this contest.  But I would say we'll leave it open even though games are being played.  But perhaps the caveat should be you can't select a team that has already notched one of the double-figure amounts.

Currently the only team to do that is the Blue Jays and they're already spoken for.  So all other teams are still on the table.

Yes. We leaving it open.  We'll get some more involved first.

5 minutes ago, admo said:

lol @Mavric that's actually great!  Getting stuck with the Astros is like a pot of gold runs.

Astros

BlueJays

Dodgers

Yankees

All these teams are run-scoring machines, with loads of hitting talent, in batter-friendly ballparks.

This was my list:

Mets - Blue Jays - Astros - Phillies - Twins - Yankees - Dodgers - Braves - Padres

There are six in the league.  I have a team and I put one in for my son to boost the numbers.  Each team got three picks from their list plus two randomly-assigned teams so that all 30 teams are accounted for.

My son got the first pick and ended up with the Mets (#1), Twins (#5) and Yankees (#6).

I had the #3 pick and got the Astros (#3), Phillies (#4) and Padres (#9).

So, since we got five of my top six plus the #9, I guess we'll see if I know anything or not.  :lol:

• Haha 1