Day by Day Documentary

I just ordered the "Through These Gates" documentary today, and upon seeing the preview of the "Day By Day" 90s team, I hope that it will soon become available to purchase as well.  The current team, I hope gets a private viewing to understand what it means to bleed Husker Red.  There is something special about the 90s teams from 1993-1997 that you almost can't describe.  I from time to time still watch the old games on Youtube, not because I am stuck in the past, but it was amazing seeing the domination and attitude that Nebraska had, and they made the opposition eat their words.

• Plus1 2

Motivation and heart and ‘want to’ were always present on the teams from early on the Devaney years through most of Solich and at times - sporadically during Pelini.  

I can only wonder if the program and entire department is in need of better sports psych people.  There is certainly way too many come and go athletes across nearly all the teams.  Call it a sea change in student-athlete attitudes, but whatever the reasons (external and or internal), this must be addressed in some ways.  Recruiting focus may need to target the fit as much as the stars.  It does not help to recruit the 4 stars if they don’t stick around.  Frost has been ‘offering’ 400 or so annually.  Can they really do the background eval  and get to know them with the mass - shot gun approach?   Just wondering.  

Once on campus, get them in to trained Dept advisers regularly to keep eyes and ears in how they are doing etc.  i understand the whole transfer portal - revolving doors around the country - trend.  It’s very troubling.  May lead to the collapse of amateur sports and wider public participation generally. 

• Plus1 3

I felt every moment in real time of the trailer and it’s like every hype video produced in the last 5 years. 

I am looking forward to some of the warts being revealed. I didn’t specifically now about the racism, but it’s logical for the time. I wonder if they’ll talk about Shevin Wiggins.? Abdul Mohammed been talked about ad naseum, as well as Lawerence Phillips. Will be particularly interesting to me to see if they cover Frosts defection to Stanford and his return. I guess for me I want more than 90 minute hype video. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting. 

This is why I kind of hesitate when people claim so-and-so would have been a great QB in Osborne's offense.  It's one thing to have the physical ability.   It's another thing entirely to have the brains.  In a lot of ways the game has been tremendously dumbed down over the last few decades.  Especially at the college level.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I guess.  It comes with its own advantages. 

I do appreciate how Coach points out the obvious absurdity in having the players all look to the sidelines to audible.  There's really no advantage to it.  I always thought that for the exact reason he points out.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

This is why I kind of hesitate when people claim so-and-so would have been a great QB in Osborne's offense.  It's one thing to have the physical ability.   It's another thing entirely to have the brains.  In a lot of ways the game has been tremendously dumbed down over the last few decades.  Especially at the college level.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I guess.  It comes with its own advantages. 

I do appreciate how Coach points out the obvious absurdity in having the players all look to the sidelines to audible.  There's really no advantage to it.  I always thought that for the exact reason he points out.

I absolutely can’t stand the looking to the sidelines. Line up, read the defense, get in the play and go.