OT Brock Knutson

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

16 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Knutson commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Kansas

This poll is closed to new votes

52 minutes ago, Decked said:

What was the context before the video? Heard people saying it wasn’t just one sided. 

I don't know if there's any context that would make that sort of a reaction acceptable, but it's not the first time he's been caught stomping on someone's leg; the last time he did it, he reportedly broke the kid's leg. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, RedSavage said:

That's absolute garbage.  Pull the offer.  Kid probably sucks anyways. 

He just needs to put on 40 pounds of good weight while learning to bend his knees, use his hands, sit down on blocks, chop his feet, fire off the ball, dramatically increase his quickness, and not commit crimes on the field.

Much like the way Knutson overextends and reaches on his blocks, this offer was a reach from the start.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
30 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Ooof that 2nd video without any other context is a ROUGH look.  I'm all for lineman having a really nasty streak but what I just saw is over the line for me personally.

If this guy is having trouble with kids he is playing against in Class B Nebraska High School Football, then he won't have what it takes to compete at the high level of college football.  He should have his scholly offer pulled.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1

After seeing more and more information about him being a repeat offender come to light, I cant help but wonder how in the world a “6-7, 270lb” OT in class B football could let kids get into his head so bad. Or, worse yet, they aren’t getting into his head and he just plays over the line nasty. Either way, as a low 3* who is a project with not much upside, he isn’t a guy we should waste a scholarship on with his baggage imo. 

• Plus1 5
17 hours ago, Wordek said:

After seeing more and more information about him being a repeat offender come to light, I cant help but wonder how in the world a “6-7, 270lb” OT in class B football could let kids get into his head so bad. Or, worse yet, they aren’t getting into his head and he just plays over the line nasty. Either way, as a low 3* who is a project with not much upside, he isn’t a guy we should waste a scholarship on with his baggage imo. 

Like @ColoradoHusk said, if he's having that much trouble with defensive linemen in that class, he's going to be a Matador in college. 

• Plus1 3
  • 3 weeks later...

12 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

That's unfortunate. Maybe the kid is teachable, though? 

I played against Ricky Henry when he was at Burke and I'll be generous with my language and say that he was a dirty dog on the field. Henry routinely blasted guys away from the ball, hit guys after the whistle, and just generally gave the business to his high school opponents. He also was dominant from snap, used his hands incredibly well for a guy that strong, and was nearly impossible to get him off balance. At Nebraska, Henry was first team all conference and generally played within himself.

Henry was a much better player than Knutson coming out of high school. But there is a solid tradition of taking overaggressive players with exceptional physical skills and harnessing that aggression on the field. Paris Johnson Jr. and Trey Smith are two very clear examples of this. Knutson has exceptional size and length but is a heavy-footed waist bender. He's not blowing guys 20 yards away from the play with good technique and athleticism like Henry, Johnson, or Smith did in high school. And with multiple ankle stomps against middling competition, I don't see how he will make our offensive line any better. But he might prove me wrong.

• Fire 1

The first video the kid had his ankle wrapped up and then intentionally rolled his body weight into the medial part of his lower leg/knee. Total cobra Kai move. I don’t blame him for retaliating, kid was intentionally trying to injure him. Second video isn’t a good look but the film cuts out what happened prior. My guess same type of deal. Looks like opponents are intentionally trying to injure him after he pancakes him. The fact that Rhule visited with him and took pics w his family suggests that he is giving him the benefit of the doubt as should people here. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Brock Knutson