Memorial Stadium Turf Being Replaced

4 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

It always seems to fade to pinkish after a bit of time.

Lettering looks slightly different that previous. Maybe not quite as chunky. Don't mind it.

Good catch, I thought so too.  Could be the angle, but the lettering does look a bit more block style and less round and chunky.  I dig it.  

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

They need to put some sunscreen SPF 100 on it.

I know you're joking but there are legitimately UV stabilizers in the plastic resin that creates the grass blades, which should help it maintain color better. Fun fact for the day.

7 minutes ago, Toe said:

They also installed some really powerful fog machines in Memorial Stadium.

Just what they really needed.  Maybe they will release fog every time the opponents get the ball?   The offense has been ‘foggy’ enough already.  

Maybe add snow machines or even a couple Tesla ‘lightning’ making towers to really spark the crowd and intimidate the competition?  

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

The green seems a bit darker and the red really pops. Most of that might just be because it’s new and not faded but it looks great.

To my eye as a photographer, it looks like somebody punched up the saturation too much in Photoshop. It looks about as real as the stuff you put in a kid's Easter basket. But I imagine that's done with the expectation of some degree of fading over the life of the turf.

5 hours ago, GSG said:

Probably for all the rock concerts

For the light show when they play Thunderstruck!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Toe said:

To my eye as a photographer, it looks like somebody punched up the saturation too much in Photoshop. It looks about as real as the stuff you put in a kid's Easter basket. But I imagine that's done with the expectation of some degree of fading over the life of the turf.

Not sure how much intention is behind it or not, but it's definitely the case every time we get new turf.

Here's 2013:

maxresdefault.jpg

520da220083c9.image.jpg

Here's 2005 on what looks like a cloudy day:

HYQJLFJLQCDSCOJ.20050802143734.jpg?width

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...