Memorial Stadium Turf Being Replaced

41 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Pretty much this.

If you install drainage and heating under the field you can easily grow/maintain grass good enough to play football on in Lincoln NE during October and November (there is an MLS team in Minnesota that has a natural grass field that is used in March and November).  But the problem is usage.  If you just plan to use it 8 times a fall it would be fine.  But if you want to practice on it 3-4 times a week, let the band practice on it 3-4 times a week, host high school football on it, then it becomes problematic in the Lincoln climate.

If everything was equal, I think everyone would prefer grass over turf.  But everything isn't equal.

Almost every NFL stadiums played in grass surface. Even indoors .... Raiders and Cardinals. Hauled grass field,  Most players demands grass instead of crappy fake turf.

13993957_web1_stadium_072820_mq01.jpg?w=

df77ebfd05f2a071498648ad5e214e96--evergr

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Ohio State, 2023 or 2024 off-season will convert to natural grass.  Michigan, poor drainage because actually Big Hole instead of Big House.  Mostly submerged. 

Ohio State's stadium is also beneath the water table and they're replacing their turf this season.

Once again, you just have no clue what you're saying. I'm not even pro team turf - I think having grass would be amazing. It's just that you have the s#!ttiest nonsense arguments.

• Plus1 3

25 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Almost every NFL stadiums played in grass surface. Even indoors .... Raiders and Cardinals. Hauled grass field,  Most players demands grass instead of crappy fake turf.

You need to get in touch with Trev and let him know what horrible decision he has made. ad@huskers.com

You can also let him know what a crappy AD he is for inflicting this on you.

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Wrong yet again! Sixteen teams with grass on their home field, sixteen with turf (albeit a couple of them are shared stadiums).

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/which-nfl-stadiums-have-artificial-turf-vs-real-grass

But 8 stadiums forced artiificial surfaces.  Indoor stadium lists .......

• Vikings
  • Colts***
  • Falcons***
  • Lions
  • Saints
  • Seahawks***
  • Rams/Chargers
  • Cowboys***

*** partially open roof but not enough sun light

Thus net stadiums ..... 14  minus 8 equal 6.

16 real grass, 6 fake turf.

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

• Vikings
  • Colts***
  • Falcons***
  • Lions
  • Saints
  • Seahawks***
  • Rams/Chargers
  • Cowboys***

Arizona can move their entire field outside.  Pretty sure these other places could install florescent lights to to help the grass grow.  Just like some of the people I went to school with who grew grass inside 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

• Vikings
  • Colts***
  • Falcons***
  • Lions
  • Saints
  • Seahawks***
  • Rams/Chargers
  • Cowboys***

I don't think you get to discount them just because it doesn't fit your argument.

liar-liar-jim-carrey.gif

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't think you get to discount them just because it doesn't fit your argument.

liar-liar-jim-carrey.gif

Hey Mavic, I remember Mavic's photos during East project.  I don't like design (minority voice here).  3rd and 4th upper decks, WAY too high. Players on the field, ants.  And recommend seats, oxygen tank and high-powered binoculars ;) 

EDIT: I mean Knapplc instead of Mavic.  Long time hiatus. Touch of Alzheimer's disease and dementia :hmmph 

vn6YZmj.png

On 4/12/2022 at 7:20 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

They have announced that the turf is going to be all the same, green color throughout (no more alternating greens every 5 yards) and the end-zones will look the same as before (no red end zones).

Love getting rid of alternating greens...want red endzones with white lettering...field would look dope.

Put $ into LED endzones...change that s#!t up every quarter

1 hour ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Hey Mavic, I remember Mavic's photos during East project.  I don't like design (minority voice here).  3rd and 4th upper decks, WAY too high. Players on the field, ants.  And recommend seats, oxygen tank and high-powered binoculars ;)

vn6YZmj.png

The view from the top of East Stadium is incredible. In fact it's significantly better than the view from the first 30 or so rows on the lower bowls of East and West.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Arizona can move their entire field outside.  Pretty sure these other places could install florescent lights to to help the grass grow.  Just like some of the people I went to school with who grew grass inside 

That seems like a bad idea with sheetrock walls. Couldn't they afford carpet--- OOOOHHHH!!!! 

Never mind. :D