paula deen butter GIF

Alright, so I had myself a little taste test, lol. Is it weird to have seven different kinds of butter in your fridge? Asking for a friend.

Top tier:

Kerrygold - Butter flavor hits you pretty quickly and strongly. Noticeably salty. What butter should taste like.

Vermont Creamery - Rich and flavorful with a nice cultured tang, especially once it's melted.

Mid tier:

Aldi Irish butter - Solid medium flavor, faintly grassy, flavor hits more at the end. Good for the price.

Trader Joe's Cultured French butter - Sweet and creamy, a bit like Vermont Creamery (both cultured butters) but clearly not as flavorful overall.

Trader Joe's New Zealand butter - Something faintly odd in the flavor when it first hits, sweet and a bit grassy as the flavor builds, with a nice aftertaste.

s#!t tier:

Minerva Dairy - Highest butterfat percentage of any I tried. Has a velvety richness, but a fairly weak 'butter' flavor. Disappointing, but might be useful if you want the texture for something.

Sam's Club Member's Mark butter - Stick of wax with a hint of butter flavor. TBH, I think that's how it is for most American butters. America got lost in the margarine era and hasn't really figured out how to make good butter.

parks and recreation butter GIF

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

45 minutes ago, Toe said:

Sam's Club Member's Mark butter - Stick of wax with a hint of butter flavor. 

This is the butter I use. Thank you for calling me a trashy butter slattern. I'll just go back over here to my trashy home eating my trashy butter in my trashy old bath robe. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

35 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is the butter I use. Thank you for calling me a trashy butter slattern. I'll just go back over here to my trashy home eating my trashy butter in my trashy old bath robe. 

Right now Sam's has Kerrygold for $7.18 for a 1.5 lb package, which is as cheap as you're gonna find it. Grab a package and compare for yourself!

https://www.samsclub.com/p/kerrygold-salted-butter-6-sticks/prod25900176

Wow that's a wide range of butter.  Impressive

For the past 10+ years I have only gotten Land O' Lakes light butter with olive oil.  If they are out of that particular kind, I get it with canola oil, or regular with olive oil and sea salt.  

When I made that switch to light butter back then, I also switched to Turkey bacon and it's the best.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

BTW - my favorite thing from Paula Deen is her House Seasoning. I use it on everything. Really versatile basic seasoning. 

f6f88555e2614f6bbdf9320dd9bd3be6.jpg

I've been using a lot of Kinder's seasonings lately.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...