Fidone back, summer conditioning???

Would every player need their own thread too?

It will be good if he can return healthy.  When the fall starts, you will see 60+ dudes fighting for spots and position battles.  3 deep pretty much.  I like the idea of Fidone, but it's just one guy.  I hope that doesn't sound harsh.

• Plus1 2

Apparently there are two different camps when it comes to Fidone.??

On a different forum, I'm reading a lot about his return for summer conditioning AND Fall Camp.

Also, I would like to add. Yes, he is only ONE Guy, BUT he was our highest rated recruit two years ago, and our highest rated recruit for many, many years. The dude was as close to a five star as one can get. He also was rated as the highest rated TE on most rating systems.

None of what I say will make him a starter, of course, but he was one hell of a blocker and receiver. He's to fast for a LB to cover and to big for a DB. Him and Vokolek on the field at the same time would be a DC's nightmare.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, freelodr1 said:

Apparently there are two different camps when it comes to Fidone.??

On a different forum, I'm reading a lot about his return for summer conditioning AND Fall Camp.

Also, I would like to add. Yes, he is only ONE Guy, BUT he was our highest rated recruit two years ago, and our highest rated recruit for many, many years. The dude was as close to a five star as one can get. He also was rated as the highest rated TE on most rating systems.

None of what I say will make him a starter, of course, but he was one hell of a blocker and receiver. He's to fast for a LB to cover and to big for a DB. Him and Vokolek on the field at the same time would be a DC's nightmare.

I was told by somebody pretty connected that it was in fact an ACL.  Not saying he can't be wrong.  He also said that he's a stud and he was going to be a big part of our offense this year.  

I'm hearing they are still "very optimistic" that he will be able to play this fall but that there are still some variables with healing time and rehab.  I don't think anyone is getting a clear answer simply because there isn't one known yet.  I was told to expect him to be a significant part of the offense if/when he is healthy and on the field.    

On 4/12/2022 at 11:59 AM, admo said:

Would every player need their own thread too?

It will be good if he can return healthy.  When the fall starts, you will see 60+ dudes fighting for spots and position battles.  3 deep pretty much.  I like the idea of Fidone, but it's just one guy.  I hope that doesn't sound harsh.

Your post took more effort than the thread did, and it’s of less value. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...