Fidone back, summer conditioning???

I hope he makes a full recovery the real question will be is if he isn't back by the season starts and Vokolek gets banged up who will step up and be the number 2 or one for that matter. I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer I'm saying what legitimate depth is behind those 2? Brewington is a situational te and very well could step up but I don't know.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I hope he makes a full recovery the real question will be is if he isn't back by the season starts and Vokolek gets banged up who will step up and be the number 2 or one for that matter. I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer I'm saying what legitimate depth is behind those 2? Brewington is a situational te and very well could step up but I don't know.

Nate & Rollins 

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Still no official word on the injury.  But he was at FNL and didn't have any brace on and was reported to be walking without any noticeable limp.

A media member also said from what he is hearing to "not count on him to be a major contributor this season".

The Fidone injury is guarded like the nuclear codes.

• Plus1 1

It would have been nice to have snagged Helms last year.  Oh well.  We just have to look to the next best TE recruit and move on.  Unfortunately, Fidone is going to be like a Mormon missionary on his stint.  He might contribute for a year but nothing to build around anymore.  The way they guard his status makes me think they think he is a savior or something.  I could see Coleman filling in that spot.