ESPN'S FPI - Big Ten West

1 hour ago, Hagg said:

Yeppers, and "probabilities" were with us several times last year (and for several seasons) and we lived below them repeatedly.  I'm staying away from expectations as best I can now.  I feel like a zombie or something, having to kill off that part of my sensibilities just to enjoy our Huskers.  

Absolutely. I have Stockholm syndrome when it comes to Nebraska football these last couple of years.  I am expecting much better quarterback play though and I think that has to account for at least five or six more wins. I don't want to put it all on Adrian but man could he find some ways to really help us lose the game at times. That Michigan game where all he had to do was run left and he chose to run right in the middle is pretty inexcusable when it comes to a senior quarterback in a big game like that or any game really. That part is in the past it's done and over with I'm looking forward to the future I think Casey Thompson's going to win us a lot of football games

1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

Absolutely. I have Stockholm syndrome when it comes to Nebraska football these last couple of years.  I am expecting much better quarterback play though and I think that has to account for at least five or six more wins. I don't want to put it all on Adrian but man could he find some ways to really help us lose the game at times. That Michigan game where all he had to do was run left and he chose to run right in the middle is pretty inexcusable when it comes to a senior quarterback in a big game like that or any game really. That part is in the past it's done and over with I'm looking forward to the future I think Casey Thompson's going to win us a lot of football games

We'll need a much better run game to take pressure off of Thompson. A huge part of our woes have been poor field position, special teams and an inefficient offense, that Adrian played a part in. The defense still needs to force more turnovers as well.

For whatever reason, Adrian is/was wired to run to the right whenever he ran, especially on broken plays. I've noticed times if he ever scrambled to the right he'd keep moving right until he eventually went out of bounds, sometimes going in a near horizontal line. Even if he could've gotten an extra yard or two just turning upfield.

• Plus1 2
55 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

For whatever reason, Adrian is/was wired to run to the right whenever he ran, especially on broken plays. I've noticed times if he ever scrambled to the right he'd keep moving right until he eventually went out of bounds, sometimes going in a near horizontal line. Even if he could've gotten an extra yard or two just turning upfield.

Crazy... a right handed QB running right.  You ever see a right handed QB run left and try to throw down field accurately while still moving?  Not many guys can do that.  He is "wired" the same as every other right handed QB.  

56 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

We'll need a much better run game to take pressure off of Thompson. A huge part of our woes have been poor field position, special teams and an inefficient offense, that Adrian played a part in. The defense still needs to force more turnovers as well.

So you are saying the whole teams needs to improve... got it.  

57 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Crazy... a right handed QB running right.  You ever see a right handed QB run left and try to throw down field accurately while still moving?  Not many guys can do that.  He is "wired" the same as every other right handed QB.  

So you are saying the whole teams needs to improve... got it.  

Very much taking what I said out of context. Of course if he's left handed it'd be the same way. He was a nice running QB but at times he left yards off the field because how he ran. I get some of that was to not take hits.

Yep...there were a lot of things that Adrian had zero to do with and if they aren't fixed Casey won't be much help.

• Plus1 1