Would Gameday come to Ireland for the Battle for NU?

Apparently they were slated to go to Dublin for the Week Zero game between Notre Dame and Navy in 2020 before Covid derailed everything. 

They have gone to Week Zero matchups in recent years. And these guys seem to think The Battle for NU is a candidate.

FQUUuVQWYAk2lo8?format=jpg&name=orig

• Plus1 1

Seems like a lose lose to me. Poor uninteresting matchup and no home crowd. Waste of money. They’d be better off doing some oddball matchup they’d never do otherwise like a NDSU type deal. If Desmond is still with them, they should just s#!tcan Gameday anyway.

• Haha 1

This game is mostly about alumna going to Ireland for fun and by the way getting in some fball.  Of course it was a recruiting ploy as well.   Not sure how well it’s all worked out.  Haven’t heard how many Husker fans have bought tickets?  

I wouldn’t be surprised if ESPN game day was there.  Seems like quite a novel way to kick off a new season.  They’re probably hoping we sh***t the bed again and they can run “highlights” all week before and after as the end of the Frost the golden boy era concludes with this season.   

Imo, it would be a great way to showcase the ‘all new and improved Frosty Whip’  offense and run up the score!   I know it’s a pipe dream but I’m desperate and now imagining Whipple is such a great magician that the spring game only looked like it did to sucker opponents into a false sense of security and over confidence!!  It was so overt it was covert!  

On 4/14/2022 at 11:29 PM, 84HuskerLaw said:

‘all new and improved Frosty Whip’ 

:rollinI love it. There surely has to be a NIL deal here. Entire OL with DQ milkshake mustaches or something. Or QB throws the Frosty Whip shake to WR, of course nothing spills…brought to you by Sonic. :laughpound