ILB Hayden Moore [Michigan - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Mavric changed the title to ILB Hayden Moore
  • Mavric unpinned this topic

• Mavric changed the title to ILB Hayden Moore [Michigan Commit]

Or maaaybe it's just because Michigan is a better program for them right now in every way - academically, sending guys to the NFL, winning championships. If the only thing keeping them from the better opportunity was an existing relationship with the old staff, I cannot blame them in the slightest for jumping on that opportunity instead of starting a new relationship. I wish they were coming here, but I don't think it matters who we hired. It's a new face, and if it's going to be a new face might as well be the guy who will have you playing big time games in college and send you to the league.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
18 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Or maaaybe it's just because Michigan is a better program for them right now in every way - academically, sending guys to the NFL, winning championships. If the only thing keeping them from the better opportunity was an existing relationship with the old staff, I cannot blame them in the slightest for jumping on that opportunity instead of starting a new relationship. I wish they were coming here, but I don't think it matters who we hired. It's a new face, and if it's going to be a new face might as well be the guy who will have you playing big time games in college and send you to the league.

If it didn't matter who we hired we wouldn't have spent three months hoping for a multi million dollar assistant coaching salary pool.

• Plus1 2

Point taken, Michigan is doing well right now. So far the thing I like about Rhule is he has a national recruiting presence and a style that just doesn’t get us left overs other B1G teams didn’t want. I think this was a big draw for Trev going after him over Fickell.  He’s hitting our region, the northeast, TX, the Carolinas all well. I like that he has a type of athlete he wants and if he doesn’t get it he finds another. So far so good but obviously we’ll evaluate this in 2 years. 

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

If it didn't matter who we hired we wouldn't have spent three months hoping for a multi million dollar assistant coaching salary pool.

I mean of course it matters who we hire overall, just talking for Hausmann and Moore specifically. Michigan is a better opportunity by any objective measure, I don't think there was a hire we could make that would immediately overcome that. For both (Hausmann in particular) we would seem to have an advantage in things more subjective in their importance - proximity to home, fan base, playing time. But unless you re-hire Ruud the existing relationship is off the table, so IMO they were gone no matter what.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
19 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I mean of course it matters who we hire overall, just talking for Hausmann and Moore specifically. Michigan is a better opportunity by any objective measure, I don't think there was a hire we could make that would immediately overcome that. For both (Hausmann in particular) we would seem to have an advantage in things more subjective in their importance - proximity to home, fan base, playing time. But unless you re-hire Ruud the existing relationship is off the table, so IMO they were gone no matter what.

Careful...some people on here don't like logical explanations.

Not saying anyone in particular, but some people...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
11 hours ago, TheSker said:

Apparently Hausmann and Moore asked for more.

That's not necessarily true.  Hausmann ran out the door so fast you didn't even realize how fast he did it.  Hausmann didn't even give the new staff a chance and mpo was already predetermined to leave once the season was over.  Moore on the other hand was committed to the coaches and not the University.  Once they fired Frost and MJ took over Nebraska tried keeping him in the loop of things all the while Michigan was saying come to the dark side.  Once MJ wasn't retained and Moore found out,! he knew he was going to leave bc he had already built that relationship with Michigan and it was going to be extremely hard for Nebraska to overcome that.  Both went to the dark side and both can go kick rocks for all I care.

• TBH 2
4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's not necessarily true.  Hausmann ran out the door so fast you didn't even realize how fast he did it.  Hausmann didn't even give the new staff a chance and mpo was already predetermined to leave once the season was over.  Moore on the other hand was committed to the coaches and not the University.  Once they fired Frost and MJ took over Nebraska tried keeping him in the loop of things all the while Michigan was saying come to the dark side.  Once MJ wasn't retained and Moore found out,! he knew he was going to leave bc he had already built that relationship with Michigan and it was going to be extremely hard for Nebraska to overcome that.  Both went to the dark side and both can go kick rocks for all I care.

Ok

• TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to ILB Hayden Moore [Michigan - Signed LOI]