2022-23 College Basketball

My strategy of picking against the B1G went fairly well on Day 1.  Iowa out.  Illinois out.  I didn't think both 7 seeds would get through but Penn State made it easily and Northwestern is also through.  Maryland tried to lose but pulled it out.  

I do have Michigan State and Purdue getting through but not going too far. 

• Plus1 2

1st round Huge upsets: 

Princeton beat #2 seed Arizona

Furman beat #4 seed Virginia

Round of 32 - games to note.......

West:

#1 Kansas vs #8 Arkansas (Go Hogs!)

#2 UCLA vs #7 Northwestern (Big Ten)

South:

#1 Alabama vs #8 Maryland (Big Ten)

#5 San Diego St vs #13 Furman

#3 Baylor vs winner of Creighton vs NC State

#7 Missouri vs #15 Princeton

East:

#2 Marquette vs #7 Michigan State (Big Ten)

#4 Tennessee vs #5 Duke (sounds like a good one!)

Midwest:

#1 Houston vs #9 Auburn (they beat Iowa Big Ten)

#2 Texas vs # 10 Penn State (Big Ten & beat Texas A&M)

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

My strategy of picking against the B1G went fairly well on Day 1.  Iowa out.  Illinois out.  I didn't think both 7 seeds would get through but Penn State made it easily and Northwestern is also through.  Maryland tried to lose but pulled it out.  

I do have Michigan State and Purdue getting through but not going too far. 

That’s the same strategy I used. Have Purdue to the elite 8, Indiana winning 2 and Maryland winning 1. Other than that I knocked them all out 1st round. It hasn’t really harmed my bracket. 

The bracket I run for my family has a quirk. First round games are worth 1 point but, if you pick a lower seeded team and they win you get the seeding difference in points. So a 13 over a 4 is worth 9 points etc. That is for the first round only then the points are 2-3-5-8-12. It’s worth it to pick quite a few upsets but not to the point it screws with having a reasonable bracket in later rounds.

My future daughter in law usually does poorly but she has hit all the upsets so far this year because her bracket was crazy. But unless things get really wild she won’t have 

anybody left in the elite 8. She has Princeton in the final four and Memphis over Drake in the championship :lol: but she’s got the most points so far at this point.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s the same strategy I used. Have Purdue to the elite 8, Indiana winning 2 and Maryland winning 1. Other than that I knocked them all out 1st round. It hasn’t really harmed my bracket. 

The bracket I run for my family has a quirk. First round games are worth 1 point but, if you pick a lower seeded team and they win you get the seeding difference in points. So a 13 over a 4 is worth 9 points etc. That is for the first round only then the points are 2-3-5-8-12. It’s worth it to pick quite a few upsets but not to the point it screws with having a reasonable bracket in later rounds.

My future daughter in law usually does poorly but she has hit all the upsets so far this year because her bracket was crazy. But unless things get really wild she won’t have 

anybody left in the elite 8. She has Princeton in the final four and Memphis over Drake in the championship :lol: but she’s got the most points so far at this point.

I had pressure losing in the Sweet 16. 

Way too late, apparently. 

• TBH 1
8 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Didn't see that one coming.  Was rooting for Purdue actually largely because of Edey.  Still pretty cool to see a team like FDU get the huge upset in the tourney.  

Purdue was cursed because they have choked in several recent tournaments. Somewhere in the back of their mind was a hint of doubt that grew to a giant beanstalk by the middle of the 4th quarter. I worried their young guards would feel their butts biting their shorts if the game was close. It's shame because I liked Purdue. They needed to bring in a portal guard this year.

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

@admo I believe that you are forgetting the inevitable matchup of ASU vs. GCU, what everyone wants to see! (Obviously it will be TCU vs. Gonzaga, but a guy can dream.)

Dang, sorry @AZRaiderH8r - Arizona State had a 5-6-8 point lead the entire 2nd half for what seemed like an eternity....  Until the final minute and a half of the game.  I felt like neither team could figure out how to take control of the game... like, where is the dagger?? 

It was brutal to watch.  Feel for you.  But also happy TCU somehow didn't lose (because nobody won).  

Gonzaga will be a tough draw regardless of who won.

• TBH 1