2022-23 College Basketball

With the remaining teams left, my ideal Final 4...UConn v Xavier and Creighton v Kansas St.   Almost the Big East invitational.     And for the Championship game, Creighton/UConn.  Surprising amount of vitriol between these two programs.   Would be great to see two teams that know each other and the fan bases genuinely dislike each other go at it for all the marbles.

Reasons against the other 8:

Dislike the hype around an above average Gonzaga program and enjoy watching them lose because everyone hypes them up so much as a true contender.  They aren't.

Alabama...won too much in other sports, eff them.

Princeton...getting a degree from Princeton is more than enough, they don't need a MBB championship

Miami...thug U, no thank U

Texas...Texass

FAU...I just think KSU is better and they are closer, and it'll be nice to the see the little brother get a good run.

San Diego St and Houston...eff them just because.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

42 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Anybody whose bracket looks good at this point didn’t know what the hell they were doing when they filled it out.

I’m not bitter :lol:

My wife, who knows nothing about sports has 5 elite 8 teams left...Gonzaga, UConn, Creighton, Texas and Kansas St.    She used zero logic and probably flipped a coin more times than not to make her picks, and she thinks she's in first place at work.   But she's not sure since she can't figure out the app and now doesn't want to look to ruin the surprise.   She does have Gonzaga winning it all because "I've heard they are good in the basketball thingy for a few years now"

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, sho said:

My wife, who knows nothing about sports has 5 elite 8 teams left...Gonzaga, UConn, Creighton, Texas and Kansas St.    She used zero logic and probably flipped a coin more times than not to make her picks, and she thinks she's in first place at work.   But she's not sure since she can't figure out the app and now doesn't want to look to ruin the surprise.   She does have Gonzaga winning it all because "I've heard they are good in the basketball thingy for a few years now"

Kinda the same thing happening in our family pool. Son’s GF’s bracket looked ridiculous. Memphis-Drake in the final, Princeton in final four….but she’s going to win it. We reward underdog picks with the seeding difference in points and she cleaned up there.

Your wife’s bracket at least makes some sense.

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Kinda the same thing happening in our family pool. Son’s GF’s bracket looked ridiculous. Memphis-Drake in the final, Princeton in final four….but she’s going to win it. We reward underdog picks with the seeding difference in points and she cleaned up there.

Your wife’s bracket at least makes some sense.

It's not horrible, but considering how wild this tournament has been for her to have 5 teams left surprises the hell out of me, and that fact she flipped a coin for about 2/3rds of the first round as she had no idea who the teams were.   Her Final 4 is Creighton, Purdue, Houston and Gonzaga with Gonzaga beating the Boilermakers for the championship.  

Make shots, play some defense, cut down turnovers.  The college basketball parity is real when playing outside of your conference.  You know what I am implying without saying.  There are no favorites that need to win.

Side note:  The super bright orange basketball in these tourney games looks so ridiculous and ugly.  Similar to a nerf ball.  What happened to the dark leather gym basketball ???!!?  Oh yeah, TV salesmen, Execs and AT&T happened.  Give out those bonuses for that idea (SMH!)

It also looks like so many of the same shots don't go in normally, like they all did during the season.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, admo said:

Make shots, play some defense, cut down turnovers.  The college basketball parity is real when playing outside of your conference.  You know what I am implying without saying.  There are no favorites that need to win.

Side note:  The super bright orange basketball in these tourney games looks so ridiculous and ugly.  Similar to a nerf ball.  What happened to the dark leather gym basketball ???!!?  Oh yeah, TV salesmen, Execs and AT&T happened.  Give out those bonuses for that idea (SMH!)

It also looks like so many of the same shots don't go in normally, like they all did during the season.  

I’ve read multiple comments and heard from some staff that they feel the balls are over inflated.  This causes them to have a hard bounce instead of soft “shooters roll” bounce creating more misses.  

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, sho said:

I’ve read multiple comments and heard from some staff that they feel the balls are over inflated.  This causes them to have a hard bounce instead of soft “shooters roll” bounce creating more misses.  

Hmmm... That's interesting...  I can say that I would not be so surprised.  It would explain the shooter's touch not dropping, and the clanks from 3's.  

I mean, March Madness is one of the biggest events in American sports. And the basketball has Oranges that are envious of it's color lol...

Like I said, that's pretty interesting.