2022-23 College Basketball

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Finally !  Brad Nessler you are next!

Now if the NFL could only do the same thing with Al Michaels -  It's been 10-15  years too long with him in the booth.   Had a good career, started in 1977.  I think MLB said "no more" to him in mid 90's.  They were on top of it.  He's been doing NFL forever and honestly, I need more energy and new freshness from the booth - especially with Al doing Super Bowl games and Prime Time games.  It's just a familiar voice from the booth that has run it's course IMHO.  Used to like Al too.  Got exhausted from him 15 years ago for sure.  Same with Nantz 10 years ago, and Nessler too.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sho said:

Saw a stat last night.   UConn 14-8 in Big East play with 6 wins by single digits.  17-0 against non-Big East with 17 wins by double digits.   Only way to have beaten them in the tourney was to be a conference foe.  

Didn't exactly play a murderer's row in their non-conference but they did smack Bama by 15 

On 4/4/2023 at 1:23 PM, admo said:

Finally !  Brad Nessler you are next!

Now if the NFL could only do the same thing with Al Michaels -  It's been 10-15  years too long with him in the booth.   Had a good career, started in 1977.  I think MLB said "no more" to him in mid 90's.  They were on top of it.  He's been doing NFL forever and honestly, I need more energy and new freshness from the booth - especially with Al doing Super Bowl games and Prime Time games.  It's just a familiar voice from the booth that has run it's course IMHO.  Used to like Al too.  Got exhausted from him 15 years ago for sure.  Same with Nantz 10 years ago, and Nessler too.  

When I was in college I had a friend at U of Colorado who was interning for ABC, he was coming to UNL for the Husker-Buff game...after the game he invited us out and we went to the Cornhusker (I think) and got hammered.  Nessler was with us, not only did he pick up the tab but he picked up some girl too.  I drank a lot of free Wild Turkey and Coke that night!

11 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Off to Zona.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

When I was in college I had a friend at U of Colorado who was interning for ABC, he was coming to UNL for the Husker-Buff game...after the game he invited us out and we went to the Cornhusker (I think) and got hammered.  Nessler was with us, not only did he pick up the tab but he picked up some girl too.  I drank a lot of free Wild Turkey and Coke that night!

Off to Zona.

That is soo cool !!!  I would love to have drinks with him and be in total shock every time I heard his voice talking stories !!!  

I'm just no longer thrilled to hear him do games anymore lol 

21 minutes ago, admo said:

That is soo cool !!!  I would love to have drinks with him and be in total shock every time I heard his voice talking stories !!!  

I'm just no longer thrilled to hear him do games anymore lol 

Only thing he did was talk to this coed about her poetry...he said "Look around, all these guys would be dying to talk to you and here you are sitting next to me" and she was talking about her poems.  

• Oh Yeah! 1
22 hours ago, teachercd said:

Only thing he did was talk to this coed about her poetry...he said "Look around, all these guys would be dying to talk to you and here you are sitting next to me" and she was talking about her poems.  

That's because we all looove poetry from coeds.  Like really a lot.  

Sleep Tired GIF - Sleep Tired - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1