Thunderin' Bolts @ Indiana

The ability of this team to hit in one game and then forget how to hit in the next 5 games amazes me. My question is, might that be a result of lacking in leadership? I know Indiana is near the bottom of the league in pitching but still.. it makes zero sense to me. There's absolutely NO urgency in the program and I'm not sure I like the lackadaisical attitudes I'm seeing. As a fan I can tolerate a down season when there is clearly an effort to improve but I'm not seeing that from this team and these players and I believe that exemplifies the lack of leadership. Am I wrong? 

20 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

The ability of this team to hit in one game and then forget how to hit in the next 5 games amazes me. My question is, might that be a result of lacking in leadership? I know Indiana is near the bottom of the league in pitching but still.. it makes zero sense to me. There's absolutely NO urgency in the program and I'm not sure I like the lackadaisical attitudes I'm seeing. As a fan I can tolerate a down season when there is clearly an effort to improve but I'm not seeing that from this team and these players and I believe that exemplifies the lack of leadership. Am I wrong? 

Wind was blowing out yesterday.  That helped.

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

My hope position player wise, is Bolt processes a few guys, and has a JUCO/Transfer heavy group come in. I don't think there is one position that should be written in pen for 2023 - and that includes a guy like Anderson. Because you're right, there is something rotten in this group. 

• Plus1 1

Someone today at work told me he thinks the players have quit on Bolt.. My response was, winners don't quit they focus, they improve, they try harder and often the results don't improve but the fortitude shows in the efforts. This team is not showing that fortitude. It might be expected by a first year player but not 2nd and 3rd year players. I agree with you @FrantzHardySwag not a single given position should be awarded in 2023. Scrap it all and tell them, perform or sit.. simple as that.