Johnny Depp trial

Why does this have to take 5 more weeks? It's obvious he never abused her if you just listen to the phone calls (of course, that isn't enough evidence, but 5 more weeks seems like a lot). She is the worst kind of woman because she's using what does happen to many women to her advantage and making it harder for them to win cases where abuse actually did occur.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

Granted I know extremely little about this deal but I did see a little blurb on friday’s Morning Show and he didn’t look completely innocent or incapable of abuse. Showed some video she shot of him throwing s#!t and kicking the fridge. I don’t follow these celebrity things so I don’t even know what is being claimed but it seems very plausible that he abused her to me. :dunno

14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Granted I know extremely little about this deal but I did see a little blurb on friday’s Morning Show and he didn’t look completely innocent or incapable of abuse. Showed some video she shot of him throwing s#!t and kicking the fridge. I don’t follow these celebrity things so I don’t even know what is being claimed but it seems very plausible that he abused her to me. :dunno

The phone call is more damning of her than the video is of him. She basically says he always runs away when they fight because he’s a coward and does the admirable thing. At least, she makes that sound like it’s what always happens. She also says she didn’t punch him she hit him, and he says he knows what a punch feels like and she talks about him getting in fights in his past. She doesn’t mention any time that he has ever touched her, which is telling because the perfect reply would have been that he does it to her and she can take it. I just started paying attention last night. Will probably stop now :p.

35 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The phone call is more damning of her than the video is of him. She basically says he always runs away when they fight because he’s a coward and does the admirable thing. At least, she makes that sound like it’s what always happens. She also says she didn’t punch him she hit him, and he says he knows what a punch feels like and she talks about him getting in fights in his past. She doesn’t mention any time that he has ever touched her, which is telling because the perfect reply would have been that he does it to her and she can take it. I just started paying attention last night. Will probably stop now :p.

Like I said, I don’t follow these things. At. All. I accidentally caught about 1 minute of coverage on Friday. TBH I didn’t even know there was a trial or anything before that. I’ve always thought Depp was a little creepy so I’m easily swayed :lol:  I absolutely despise Hollywood drama because too many people act like it’s something from the real world and it isn’t. Those people created and live in their own effed up world. If possible I hope they’re both found guilty of whatever :lol:

5 more weeks?  Huh...

5 more weeks of me not knowing anything about it rather than he's on trial for something...

I get your point though, @Moiraine.  But if people weren't so infatuated with celebrities, this would rightfully get no more attention than the same types of trial that are probably happening in many other court rooms around the country right now. 

This is the first time I've ever mentioned it, spoken or typed.  And it will most likely be the last.  Unless I'm b!^@hing about people getting involved in other people's business.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1