Cam Jurgens

12 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Even after being drafted in the 2nd round?  Geez. 

Yep. He's good and has all the raw potential. I'm glad he's going to get paid, but most coaches in the league don't really develop linemen. You get there and perform or you get bounced around and dropped. I just thought he could have used one more year to polish up his technique. All that said, Cam was far and away our best lineman in years and his draft status shows that.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Yep. He's good and has all the raw potential. I'm glad he's going to get paid, but most coaches in the league don't really develop linemen. You get there and perform or you get bounced around and dropped. I just thought he could have used one more year to polish up his technique. All that said, Cam was far and away our best lineman in years and his draft status shows that.

Sounds like Kelce has one more year as the Eagles Center before he retires after the 2022 season. Jurgens will be able to be his backup, learn the NFL lifestyle and step in as the starter in 2023. I don't get how people think players will develop more in college when they have classes and limited contact with the coaches vs. the pros when it's their profession and they will spend as many hours working on their craft as they want to. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Sounds like Kelce has one more year as the Eagles Center before he retires after the 2022 season. Jurgens will be able to be his backup, learn the NFL lifestyle and step in as the starter in 2023. I don't get how people think players will develop more in college when they have classes and limited contact with the coaches vs. the pros when it's their profession and they will spend as many hours working on their craft as they want to. 

NFL teams need players ready to perform at a pro level from the start.  Yes, as a back up a year or two, he has a chance to ‘finish’ so to speak but teams need to win - not wait. A center is critical to a fully functioning offense.  Evidently Cam looks ready to get enough done to be worth a higher round pick.  Great for him and he has a chance to make it.  I hope he gets the time / chance to learn the ropes and succeed.  

Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

NFL teams need players ready to perform at a pro level from the start.  Yes, as a back up a year or two, he has a chance to ‘finish’ so to speak but teams need to win - not wait. A center is critical to a fully functioning offense.  Evidently Cam looks ready to get enough done to be worth a higher round pick.  Great for him and he has a chance to make it.  I hope he gets the time / chance to learn the ropes and succeed.  

Cam wouldn't have been drafted by the Eagles if they weren't confident he could come in and play right away. However, with Kelce ahead of him for one year, Cam has the luxury of learning from a HOF center and continuing his development. I don't get why people think players stop developing as soon as they get to the NFL. It's such a false belief. 

• Plus1 3

On 4/29/2022 at 10:28 PM, admo said:

Uh, nope.

He was at best a late 5th/6th rounder, project player, until he exercised in shorts in front of spare scouts.

And this is the weakest draft in several years.  

Your opinion of offering up a can of STFU, is the same thing as a dumbass  team who over values a player because the agent and mock experts tell you to.

I wish him the best

You should put NFL teams on notice you are the best scout in the game and are looking for a job. Seems like all of these hacks professionally scouting players for NFL teams just turn on Mel Kiper for there opinions on players. You would sure be a breath of fresh air. Hire you and in 3 years your team is looking like the Cowboys in the 90s :sarcasm

On 4/30/2022 at 9:57 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

Which is a great place to fall into. A lot of teams don't want project linemen (Cam isn't a big project, but he still needs some work). They want a plug and play type. But I suppose a center is someone you'd invest heavily in.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to Cam Jurgens