Cam Jurgens

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You are twisting my words.  Many NU fans were not happy with Cam for leaving "early" and said he was making a bad decision. I just don't like it when other people say guys are making bad decisions for going pro, when they aren't the ones who are making that decision. 

I’m not twisting your words. Being disappointed someone is loving on doesn’t mean they are not happy for him personally if it works out. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

The vast majority of Nebraska fans are very happy for him.

Jurgens owes a big thank you to Frost for the position switch.

Jurgen snapping issues were a problem and Frost got those fixed too.......so let's not be divisive with a "STFU" comment.

And what's so crazy, to date the highest drafted player we have had in years, is a converted TE to center.  By a HC with a horrid record at NU.  Who a lot (including me) complain about his inability to develop talent.  The HC with the best 3-9 team in the country, adds another crazy stat with the one of our highest picks in years....

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not how I remember it. 

Most were disappointed he was leaving. Some thought it would be better fit him if he stayed. A few still thought he had snapping problems. 

But, I don’t remember anyone not being happy for him if he gets drafted. 

Why is this path you’re going down so important to you?

I was selfishly mad.  Thinking new OL staff, another year as the rock of the OL and this year would have the potential to be good.  But, like you, anytime a Husker gets drafted is a HUGE win in my book.  

Hoping JoJo gets picked up though.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, lo country said:

I was selfishly mad.  Thinking new OL staff, another year as the rock of the OL and this year would have the potential to be good.  But, like you, anytime a Husker gets drafted is a HUGE win in my book.  

Hoping JoJo gets picked up though.

If he was injury free, he might very been top 10 next year. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

If he was injury free, he might very been top 10 next year. 

No.  There hasn't been a center drafted higher than #17 in the nearly 30 years.  There hasn't been one drafted higher than #14 in over 40 years.

Maybe the back half of the first round but not Top 10.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Jurgens just offered a nice can of STFU to NU fans who criticized his decision to leave NU. 

Uh, nope.

He was at best a late 5th/6th rounder, project player, until he exercised in shorts in front of spare scouts.

And this is the weakest draft in several years.  

Your opinion of offering up a can of STFU, is the same thing as a dumbass  team who over values a player because the agent and mock experts tell you to.

I wish him the best

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, admo said:

Uh, nope.

He was at best a late 5th/6th rounder, project player, until he exercised in shorts in front of spare scouts.

And this is the weakest draft in several years.  

Your opinion of offering up a can of STFU, is the same thing as a dumbass  team who over values a player because the agent and mock experts tell you to.

I wish him the best

You're just mad because you were wrong.  It's ok. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

59 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It must suck to be so bitter of young men living their dreams of getting to play in the NFL and getting paid a lot of $ to do so. This is not directed at you, BTW. 

Oh my gosh, a diff opinion of how someone values Jurgens and you go ape s#!t?  Nice.  It must suck to be bitter that someone is different than you.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Cam Jurgens