Damion Daniels Signs with the Texans

1 hour ago, Big Red Viking said:

Yes..someone gave him bad advice.  Could have made more from NIL than he makes next year if he makes the team.

I mean he was here 5 years and already graduated.  Maybe he was done being a college student.  Not everyone wants to be in college for 6 years.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

On 5/1/2022 at 8:47 AM, Red Five said:

I mean he was here 5 years and already graduated.  Maybe he was done being a college student.  Not everyone wants to be in college for 6 years.

This, and if he stayed another year he'd be 24 before his first NFL season started. And I dunno who was advising the Daniels on their draft prep, but they both got terrible advice IMO. They were solid nose tackles, but instead of leaning into that they cut down to the low 300s and then still moved like they were 330. I get that showing flexibility to play other spots on the line can help your draft stock, but if trying to do that hurts your ability to showcase your strengths it's not worth it. Teams might take a chance on a legit nose with good film. They're not likely to do the same for a guy who now looks too small to play nose and isn't athletic enough to play other interior spots.

In any case, I'm hoping he can carve out a role. He was a solid guy in the middle and I think he can play in the NFL against the run anyway. 

• Plus1 2