Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

We can discuss both the leak and the outcome of the case, but one is a much, much bigger deal than the other, and it's not particularly close.

It seems to me the people the least likely to be adversely affected by the ruling are terribly interested in discussing the horror of the leak.

Probably true.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

If that was the case ( I forgot what original Roe looked like) then both sides went  to polar ends —- late term abortions without restrictions on one side and banning almost all abortions on the other side 

Not true. 

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

People having the vapors over this leak don't know their Supreme Court history.

Of course, focusing on the leak is the point for some.

:bs:

Perhaps you say this because you have a certain political agenda to back and protect.

The leak is not the issue at hand.  The subject matter is. Let's focus on that. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, admo said:

Perhaps you say this because you have a certain political agenda to back and protect.

I have an agenda to protect the people I love from the court's overreach into their lives.

Alito's draft calls into question rights to:

• contraception

• interracial marriage

• gay marriage

• gay sex

• reside with relatives

• marry while in prison

• direct your children's education

• not to be sterilized without your consent

• not to undergo involuntary surgery or be forced to take drugs

All because they are, as he claims, not "deeply rooted" in history.

I couldn't more vehemently disagree with him, or the draft's assertion that anything not "deeply rooted in history" is by its nature not a right.

If you think that smacks of a "certain political agenda" then more power to you.

I love the people I love. And they have a right to love, and to peace and happiness and freedom. Control over their bodies, and control over their lives without authoritarian interference.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

The original framework of Roe was pretty reasonable, but that barely lasted. First trimester no restrictions, second reasonable health regulations, and third only if medically necessary.

What's wrong with returning to this?

• Plus1 1

Authoritarian seems a bit overboard.  You seem emotionally invested. Im sure millions of others are too, just as much.  Everbody loves someone.  We all make decisions in life.

"Everyone has the right to ..... " 

This ideology/statement doesn't make feelings and thoughts and desires become more important than anybody else's, nor does it make anything right or wrong or acceptable. But politics do get in the way for some.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I think that is where we are….until now. Roe was pretty reasonable. Prob why a lot of people aren’t/won’t be happy with it getting overturned. The even more dangerous thing is the rationale being used to overturn it. That opens up a whole bunch of things for them to over reach into our lives.

• Plus1 3

9 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Both statements are wrong and we keep shouting past each other without listening. Most Pro life people, which I am one, sincerely believe a life is at stake here and there are many reaching out to help those women in a crisis pregnancy. At the same time a reasonable solution needs to be reach by our society to address this issue once and for all without treating women as a political pawn. Pro choice women have real life altering concerns that must be addressed in a respectful manner. I don’t know what the solution is but this decision solves very little. It spreads the battle to 50 states. It reminds me of the pre civil war state classification of free state vs slave state.  Seems like we setting the stage for great unrest on so many political issues. We Need the wisdom of Solomon. 

My statement is correct.

Dudes should not even have a say in abortion laws.

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

I have an agenda to protect the people I love from the court's overreach into their lives.

Alito's draft calls into question rights to:

• contraception

• interracial marriage

• gay marriage

• gay sex

• reside with relatives

• marry while in prison

• direct your children's education

• not to be sterilized without your consent

• not to undergo involuntary surgery or be forced to take drugs

All because they are, as he claims, not "deeply rooted" in history.

I couldn't more vehemently disagree with him, or the draft's assertion that anything not "deeply rooted in history" is by its nature not a right.

If you think that smacks of a "certain political agenda" then more power to you.

I love the people I love. And they have a right to love, and to peace and happiness and freedom. Control over their bodies, and control over their lives without authoritarian interference.

Well, dudes that rape should be sterilized, same with pedos. I think we all agree.

The rest of your bullet points I think everyone that is normal agrees with. 

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

To me, it seems like we always should have stayed there.

I think the pro choice crowd would be fine with it. They've never really been the issue though...

• Plus1 5