Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Yep

Republican Prairieville Rep. Tony Bacala voted for the bill even though he agreed it "won't pass (constitutional) muster."

Lol, the GOP are full of psychopaths and this guy is just saying 'Yep' to another guy who thinks this is hyperbole.

I mean, this is just a round-about-way to ban certain forms of birth control before you guys can officially take that away too. 

Is this going to make @Archy1221 less like to vote for people with an 'R' next to their name? Absolutely not. 

• Plus1 2

This is why I might come off as over emotional in some of my responses:

My wife and I lost a baby last Spring.  My wife was about 13 weeks along when she went in for the ultrasound and blood work that confirmed the fetus was "dead".  My wife's life was not in danger.  She could have safely and routinely chose to carry the baby until her body would eventually "take care of it" over a couple of weeks.  The thought of some "a$$h@!e" requiring my wife to live with the idea of knowing she is carrying broken dreams in her womb every day for even 14 or so days makes me want to do some scary things.

We were trying desperately to have another child.  We didn't have a couple of months to give, so we made the choice to have a DNC.  That way we could start the process again. 

Oh wait!  There's more!  We were finally trying IVF which requires fertilizing eggs.  This could also be on the table as some lawmakers could view embryos as human and get rid of that practice.  

This is all a s#!t show and it's waiting to erupt.  There are people who desperately want to be mothers and carry their own child who this will hurt.  And spare me the "there will be more babies to adopt."  Who gives a s#!t!?!  Not me.  Just being honest...

• Thanks 4
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, funhusker said:

My wife and I lost a baby last Spring.  My wife was about 13 weeks along when she went in for the ultrasound and blood work that confirmed the fetus was "dead".  My wife's life was not in danger.  She could have safely and routinely chose to carry the baby until her body would eventually "take care of it" over a couple of weeks.  The thought of some "a$$h@!e" requiring my wife to live with the idea of knowing she is carrying broken dreams in her womb every day for even 14 or so days makes me want to do some scary things.

We were trying desperately to have another child.  We didn't have a couple of months to give, so we made the choice to have a DNC.  That way we could start the process again. 

Oh wait!  There's more!  We were finally trying IVF which requires fertilizing eggs.  This could also be on the table as some lawmakers could view embryos as human and get rid of that practice.  

This is all a s#!t show and it's waiting to erupt.  There are people who desperately want to be mothers and carry their own child who this will hurt.  And spare me the "there will be more babies to adopt."  Who gives a s#!t!?!  Not me.  Just being honest...

Sorry for your loss.   Our son and his wife are also desperately trying to have a 2nd child.  It appears child # 1 was a 'miracle' as they found out that they couldn't have a baby and based on their biological issues, the first one, our dear granddaughter, never should have been born.  They are looking at IVF also.  I wish you well as you go forward. 

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think I know what you're saying, but obviously many of the same people have been fighting the death penalty, inequity in criminal justice and education, poverty, hunger, mental illness, access to firearms, etc.  For most of the past 50 years, legal abortion appeared to be the law of the land so it didn't require as much "vigor."  It's a bit weird in the wake of this seismic overnight shift that you think people are paying too much attention to abortion, and suggesting they've been lax in the other areas where conservatives have perpetuated these "atrocities" (your word).

The unifying thread to all this: when kids are allowed to feel wanted, loved, and trusting, it helps the entire spectrum of social and economic issues. 

If it helps, and this is my fault.  I am addressing Christians who have worked hard to fight abortion.  Not sure if that helps to understand my statement or not.

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

EDIT x2: Deleted due to false info: this post is now about cheese fries. Again, my apologies. 

What kind of cheese fries - Eskamo Joes cheese fries?  I think I'll run over to Stillwater and get some. 

Eskimo Joe's cheese fries ranked

23 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm sorry for what you and your wife have gone through. I've known several families with similar stories. I wish you both the best.

11 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It's called "Prostrate Surgery" :blink: (kidding ofc)

I wonder how many supporters of abortion support it because:

a. they support abortion

or,

b. they support another form of birth control. 

Obviously I am pro-life, not ashamed of that and in answering her question.. My response would be... I hear ya baby, lets calm down, have a drink and talk about it cordially.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

To say people would like to adopt??  Weird but ok.  

Don’t be obtuse. As a general statement, fine. But you replied to a person who has suffered a loss and explained his feelings. Kind of a d!(k reply. Well not kind of, it was full d!(k.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1