Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

It's called "Prostrate Surgery" :blink: (kidding ofc)

I wonder how many supporters of abortion support it because:

a. they support abortion

or,

b. they support another form of birth control. 

Obviously I am pro-life, not ashamed of that and in answering her question.. My response would be... I hear ya baby, lets calm down, have a drink and talk about it cordially.

I support the idea that many women face very different and very difficult choices that should be made between them and their family and their doctor.  And having people build a framework of rules (usually based on religious beliefs) to follow based on preventable pregnancies that these same people don't want to help prevent is maddening.

No sane person wants to have abortions for birth control.   However, condoms, IUD's, proper sex education, etc would do a lot for the need for "birth control" abortions.  Colorado had/has a program that has done amazing things through private grants.  And "pro lifers" fought it tooth and nail!

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Don’t be obtuse. As a general statement, fine. But you replied to a person who has suffered a loss and explained his feelings. Kind of a d!(k reply. Well not kind of, it was full d!(k.

Oh f#&% off.   His story is sad and it sucks for his family. My wife and I know exactly how he feels as we lost a child to miscarriage between #3 and #4 in 2012.  My wife still brings it up at times.    My sister had to deliver a known would be stillborn.   His story is sad but not unique and pointing out other sad situations that can be resolved through adoption is not being a d!(k.   The heartache couples that can’t have children is really and long lasting too.  Pointing out adoption resolves some of that heartache isn’t being a d!(k.  

if @funhuskertook offense to the way it came across I would apologize for that but not the content.  

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Don’t be obtuse. As a general statement, fine. But you replied to a person who has suffered a loss and explained his feelings. Kind of a d!(k reply. Well not kind of, it was full d!(k.

Internet Asperger's

• Plus1 5

41 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

BTW, my wife also had a miscarriage years ago. Most of the people we know have had one. It’s not that uncommon. But because of Roe v Wade we didn’t have to be concerned about the DNC procedure being treated like a crime or as a government hoop to jump through. Now get over yourself.

And what makes you think it will be a crime going forward to have a miscarriage cares for in a hospital going forward?   Please link to that pending state law. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

And what makes you think it will be a crime going forward to have a miscarriage cares for in a hospital going forward?   Please link to that pending state law. 

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/issue-brief/understanding-pregnancy-loss-in-the-context-of-abortion-restrictions-and-fetal-harm-laws/

Taking your posting history into account, I find your sudden faith in government to regulate medical matters very surprising.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This is what irritates me about hardcore Republicans. 

In your dogged defense of all things conservative, you're asking us to to prove something you know doesn't exist - yet. Needless to say, your argument of "if it doesn't exist right now, it won't ever in the future" isn't very strong. 

It's been directly stated to you the reason people think this is a legitimate possibility is because increasing Republican extremism on this issue, now at the point it features willingness to punish medical providers and traumatized mothers. 

Anybody with two brain cells to rub together realizes this is a possibility. For it to not be would require utter restraint on the part of the American right, which is... not a quality they've been demonstrating lately.

There are a lot more compelling arguments to make than "stop being stupid/ridiculous" when people aren't actually doing that.

What makes us believe it's possible is we can clearly see your party getting more and more extreme in front of our eyes, noting the zealots have the wheel, and you choose to pretend that's not the case. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
18 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

If it helps, and this is my fault.  I am addressing Christians who have worked hard to fight abortion.  Not sure if that helps to understand my statement or not.

That may be on me. Re-reading it again I see your intention. 

12 hours ago, funhusker said:

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/issue-brief/understanding-pregnancy-loss-in-the-context-of-abortion-restrictions-and-fetal-harm-laws/

Taking your posting history into account, I find your sudden faith in government to regulate medical matters very surprising.

I have yet to hear this discussed. It will not be regulation anymore. It will be law enforcement. A new law outlawing a common procedure will require a fairly massive new burden on the government. Some states are already wiling to recruit citizens as snitches and enforcers, and if the homicide precedent takes hold, where does that land on police and judicial priorities? 

You can be 100% sure an already activist pro-life infrastructure will challenge this head-on, and blue states will be promoting abortion services like legal marijuana and fireworks. 100% sure some red states will divert personnel to work those state lines. 

And the fact remains that the abortion rate has gone down significantly since Roe v Wade was passed in 1973. 

People are passionate about this issue, but passion rarely makes good decisions. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Anybody with two brain cells to rub together realizes this is a possibility.

Of course it’s a possibility.   Very very remote possibility…maybe what a .<1% possibility as anyone with two brain cells to rub together realizes.  

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Cute.   Thank you for admitting your argument was baseless.     

Hey, if what you’ve seen from republican lawmakers and politicians these last few years leads you to believe they’ll act responsibly and with compassion, more power to ya. Myself? I’ve been conditioned to expect the absolute worst….and I am still a conservative (former repub) at heart. The party has gone way too bats#!t for my druthers.

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Hey, if what you’ve seen from republican lawmakers and politicians these last few years leads you to believe they’ll act responsibly and with compassion, more power to ya. Myself? I’ve been conditioned to expect the absolute worst….and I am still a conservative (former repub) at heart. The party has gone way too bats#!t for my druthers.

I’m Just going by the text of the proposed bills:dunno

• Plus1 1