Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Here we go.  The banning of contraception.  Neither the Plan B drug or IUDs are used for abortions but let's don't let basic biology get in the way of controlling a woman's life choices.

1651934324101.jpg

I actually didn’t know how Plan B worked until a minute before replying to this post. It prevents eggs from being fertilized by the sperm. 

The only way Plan B and IUDs can be considered abortion is if male ejaculation outside of a vagina capable of child-bearing is also considered abortion. With all 3 cases, no eggs have been fertilized. The only “life” is that of the eggs or sperm, and only sperm in the 3rd case. 

If sperm is considered a potential life before it fertilizes an egg, male ejaculation outside of a vagina should also be illegal, erego male masturbation should be illegal. 

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

@Archy1221

Here’s a link to a story about the Oklahoma abortion ban that just went into effect.

https://apple.news/A2wDe0EeFQ_K1al9vW-usvA

Apparently a leaked preview was enough to trigger their efforts. I wonder how many women even realize they are pregnant prior to 6 weeks.

You’ve been fairly vocal about claiming the zealots won’t get carried away. Are you okay with this situation? 

And to be fair, since this person claims to have been raped, I’m not sure why she was waiting to have the procedure done but she’s in a predicament now.

Thanks for the link…

First off, in my defense, I’ve pretty much been pushing back at the idea of people saying life of the mother is going to be an issue if Roe goes away.   This article doesn’t address that either.  

that said, my personal belief is 6 weeks is too early for a law.  And a rape/incest component should exist in my opinion.  

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Thanks for the link…

First off, in my defense, I’ve pretty much been pushing back at the idea of people saying life of the mother is going to be an issue if Roe goes away.   This article doesn’t address that either.  

that said, my personal belief is 6 weeks is too early for a law.  And a rape/incest component should exist in my opinion.  

I know some in the media are just waiting to highlight some of these fringe cases. Of course these extremes aren’t/won’t be the majority. But I also don’t think anyone should be caught up in a situation like this.

However, my larger point is, many of these religious radicals (almost exclusively republicans) don’t really care. They are plenty satisfied with achieving ban status, damn the details. That approach in writing laws and ramming them through doesn’t deserve our benefit of the doubt that they’re getting things done right. This was one example of that and it’s just the beginning.

• Plus1 1

Ah, the old shell game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/news/senate/3480725-mcconnell-says-national-abortion-ban-possible/amp/

If the leaked opinion became the final opinion, legislative bodies — not only at the state level but at the federal level — certainly could legislate in that area,” McConnell told USA Today when asked if a national abortion ban is “worthy of debate.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So let's just gloss over the fact that if a woman or girl is raped by her brother or father that she's is required by Mississippi law to carry the pregnancy fullterm because it's less than 1% of the abortions performed in the country.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 2