Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Weird thing to point out when there's always been some sort of restrictions on abortions.

I don’t think so. If Roe vs Wade hoes away. There are some on one side that want total ban. There are also some on the other side that wish there were no restrictions. 

This shows that most people are somewhere in the middle and that’s important for our leaders to understand. 

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is it just me, or have our board conservatives been really quiet the past couple weeks?

It's quite possible, that maybe we prefer other parts of the board for participation, a little bit more than this section (PR forum). Maybe will chime in from time to time, but perhaps not in the foreseeable future.

Cheers mate

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, admo said:

It's quite possible, that maybe we prefer other parts of the board for participation, a little bit more than this section (PR forum). Maybe will chime in from time to time, but perhaps not in the foreseeable future.

Cheers mate

Lol...yeah that's it

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, funhusker said:

All about the babies…

6B4A5099-2485-4109-AA08-3156E2890FEE.jpeg

This is my point that I mentioned before.  The GOP often seems to be clueless about 'life' issues outside of the womb.  Totally tone deaf.  The Dems seem to be clueless about the life in the womb. EDIT: LET ME RESTATE THIS: The Dems are good about supporting prenatal care, health care for pregnant women and financial support opportunities - so to compare their cluelessness to the GOP would be a big overstatement. I would however,  just like them to acknowledge the right to life that the baby in the womb has without feeling that such an acknowledgement jeopardizes the rights of women to control their heath decisions.  In so doing, I think they would enlarge their tent 10 fold.  END OF EDIT.    I think that if the Dems could find a way to embrace some of the thinking of the pro-life movement and let them in their tent that the Dem party would have no problem winning elections   

• Plus1 2

San Francisco archbishop bars Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion due to abortion support

First San Fran Nan.  Will Uncle Joe be next?   If I was a Catholic, I would agree with this ruling.  It is the consistent thing to do with the teachings of the church. 

I'm surprised it hasn't happened before this time. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-archbishop-pelosi-communion-abortion-support

San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone announced Friday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is barred from receiving Holy Communion due to her pro-abortion stance -- marking an escalation in a decades-long tension between the Roman Catholic Church and liberal Democratic politicians on abortion.

Cordileone has written to the California Democrat, informing her that she should not present herself for Holy Communion at Mass, and that priests will not distribute communion to her if she does present herself.

"A Catholic legislator who supports procured abortion, after knowing the teaching of the Church, commits a manifestly grave sin which is a cause of most serious scandal to others.  Therefore, universal Church law provides that such persons ‘are not to be admitted to Holy Communion,'" he says in the letter. 

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is unambiguous on the question of abortion, both in procuring one and assisting in the practice: "Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion," the catechism says. "This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable."

"Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law," it says, before calling abortion and infanticide "abominable crimes."

It also declares that "Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life."

However, despite that clarity, liberal Catholic politicians have consistently attempted to try and align their Catholic beliefs with their support of abortion rights. Then New York Gov. Mario Cuomo famously declared himself personally opposed to abortion in 1984, but said he could not impose that view on the country. 

But since then, Democrats such as Pelosi have been more full throated in their support of pro-abortion policies. President Biden, also a Catholic, had once supported the Hyde Amendment -- which prevented U.S. funding going to pay for abortions abroad. He flipped on that amendment when he ran for president in 2020, and recently described "a woman’s right to choose" as "fundamental."

Cordileone says in his letter that he wrote to her on April 7, informing her that "should you not publicly repudiate your advocacy for abortion ‘rights’ or else refrain from referring to your Catholic faith in public and receiving Holy Communion, I would have no choice but to make a declaration, in keeping with canon 915, that you are not to be admitted to Holy Communion." He says that since that time, she has not done so.

"Therefore, in light of my responsibility as the Archbishop of San Francisco to be 'concerned for all the Christian faithful entrusted to [my] care" (Code of Canon Law, can. 383, §1), by means of this communication I am hereby notifying you that you are not to present yourself for Holy Communion and, should you do so, you are not to be admitted to Holy Communion, until such time as you publically repudiate your advocacy for the legitimacy of abortion and confess and receive absolution of this grave sin in the sacrament of Penance." he said.

Pelosi has sparred with the Church for years on the matter as she has tried to present herself both as a "devout" Catholic, while also a full-throated supporter of a practice that the Catholic Church condemns as a moral evil.

51 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

San Francisco archbishop bars Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion due to abortion support

First San Fran Nan.  Will Uncle Joe be next?   If I was a Catholic, I would agree with this ruling.  It is the consistent thing to do with the teachings of the church. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-archbishop-pelosi-communion-abortion-support

Then he should also make the same decree for everyone that voted for her.

But that would be bad for business...

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I’m Catholic and there is plenty I don’t agree with the church about. Abortion is sort of one of those issues. I say sort of because I’m opposed to late term abortions but I would allow them in the first trimester and for rape, incest and health of the mother. Where the church loses me is that they are opposed to abortion in almost all situations AND they also are opposed to many types of birth control. I think it’s a bit delusional and out of touch to oppose both things. I’ve never been fond of the church, any church, refusing Holy Communion, especially for political issues. I’ve always felt the church should assist people with their faith and understanding rather than interfering and judging. I’m pretty sure someone vastly more important than them will ultimately provide any judgement that’s needed.

I’m not alone. There are huge numbers of Catholics that don’t necessarily agree with all the churches positions and teachings. All churches are run by humans with manmade constructs. I guess we pick one we are comfortable with and agree with the major things and go our own way on the things we disagree with.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Then he should also make the same decree for everyone that voted for her.

But that would be bad for business...

Perhaps not all who voted for her are pro-choice.  But my statement was about the church being consistent. To be so, they had to start someplace and at the same time they may have determined that this is the one issue where they want to draw a line in the sand.  There couple be 100s of issues in which individuals may have different convictions than the dogma of the church - some are worth fighting over and some are not.