Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

a lot of Anti-Choicers on social media barking out for other Anti-Choicers to get out there tomorrow and start applying pressure to take away choice in their state. 

There’s been a whole lot of hyperbolic whining on the social media platforms today. On Twitter, we’ve already reached the point of tracking which corporations have/haven’t put out statements on the matter.

Obviously, I support the decision of the Supreme Court. It absolutely should be a state issue and, in my opinion, abortion should only be performed under medical emergencies, or rape. Outside of those rare instances, abortions are an act of inhumanity, and a gross deflection of personal/moral responsibility. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

There’s been a whole lot of hyperbolic whining on the social media platforms today. On Twitter, we’ve already reached the point of tracking which corporations have/haven’t put out statements on the matter.

Obviously, I support the decision of the Supreme Court. It absolutely should be a state issue and, in my opinion, abortion should only be performed under medical emergencies, or rape. Outside of those rare instances, abortions are an act of inhumanity, and a gross deflection of personal/moral responsibility. 

Ha is it the old "Oh my gosh, Walmart has not said anything yet, I am never shopping there again!" type of thing?

Just now, teachercd said:

Ha is it the old "Oh my gosh, Walmart has not said anything yet, I am never shopping there again!" type of thing?

Fooooor sure. Which is a hilarious response. I disagree with Nike and Disney’s ridiculous political pandering, but I still give them my money too often.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Fooooor sure. Which is a hilarious response. I disagree with Nike and Disney’s ridiculous political pandering, but I still give them my money too often.

I don't mind it if I have an actual choice and they don't oppress their own employees.  It is a problem when the company is so big (Disney) that it is more of a feudal kingdom than a business. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Right?  I would never not shop/buy stuff from a place for any reason other than cost and if I like it.

Ted Bundy could have opened a store and if it sold s#!t I liked I would have been like "I think he is just misunderstood"

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Are you willing to make rape victims carry babies in exchange for “attempts” at lower property taxes?

32 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If you think 'managing your own body' requires killing someone else.

What if we approached the discussion as making execution of the fetus, with carrier approval, a punishment for rape and/or incest?  Would that get the “law and order” folks stiff in their whitey tighties?

What if the fetus was dead as in a miscarriage?  Would you be okay with the abortion of a dead fetus?

What about people donating fertilized eggs to CREATE life?  How are clinics supposed to handle the “low probability” or non viable embryos?

This goes way beyond 18 year olds not wanting to miss college because they got pregnant at prom.

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What if we approached the discussion as making execution of the fetus, with carrier approval, a punishment for rape and/or incest?  Would that get the “law and order” folks stiff in their whitey tighties?

What if the fetus was dead as in a miscarriage?  Would you be okay with the abortion of a dead fetus?

What about people donating fertilized eggs to CREATE life?  How are clinics supposed to handle the “low probability” or non viable embryos?

This goes way beyond 18 year olds not wanting to miss college because they got pregnant at prom.

Lol, No, So?, N/A, so, so, so?

Now did you actually think the US Constitution contained an invisible right to abortion in the first trimester?

9 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Lol, No, So?, N/A, so, so, so?

Now did you actually think the US Constitution contained an invisible right to abortion in the first trimester?

Okay, we’re getting somewhere!

So you didn’t like the constitutional requirements of RvW. I get that.

But you find executing fetuses of rapists comical.  Assuming you’re for.

I’m going to assume your “n/a” was for the miscarriage.  To clarify: abortions can be needed to remove the dead fetus from the mother.

Maybe it was for the fertility clinics.  Do you know those embryos are either destroyed or possibly donated to a bank to never be used since they are worthless?  Eventually they will be gone without being born.

the “so, so’s” are just kind of pathetic though.  Grow a pair and stand up for something!

I look forward to you voting for candidates that support sensible abortion laws!