Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Well you ignored the question so I am entitled to ignore yours.  Nonetheless I am confused by your miscarriage scenario.  Are you calling it an 'abortion' when the baby was unintentionally killed and now must be surgically removed from the womb? 

Yes, it’s called “dilation and curattege” It may surprise you that “abortion” means aborting a pregnancy and women can be “pregnant” with dead fetuses.  

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Well you ignored the question so I am entitled to ignore yours.  Nonetheless I am confused by your miscarriage scenario.  Are you calling it an 'abortion' when the baby was unintentionally killed and now must be surgically removed from the womb? 

And I did say I actually understood your “constitutional” question.  I’m beyond that.  I’m in states need to craft law mode here. Try and keep up!

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It is a different analysis. The Catholic Church permits the death penalty when it is necessary.  A common example is where there are no reasonably stable prisons to protect the people from the criminal.  So Catholic death penalty supporters say they are making a policy choice.  That jurisprudence does not really apply to abortion.  

1. I doubt it. I am actually hoping the Ds run on the abortion platform and alienate the abuelas. 

2. Good thing the 5th amendment actually is in the Constitution.  

Remember posting this?  You knew the conversation was about upcoming elections.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Yes, it’s called “dilation and curattege” It may surprise you that “abortion” means aborting a pregnancy and women can be “pregnant” with dead fetuses.  

Well that's nice semantics, except no one is using the word that way.  you should really spell it out when you know most readers are thinking of something else. 

19 minutes ago, funhusker said:

And I did say I actually understood your “constitutional” question.  I’m beyond that.  I’m in states need to craft law mode here. Try and keep up!

So that's a "No. the US Constitution did not have an invisible right to an abortion [in the first trimester]" ? 

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 minute ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Well that's nice semantics, except no one is using the word that way.  you should really spell it out when you know most readers are thinking of something else. 

So that's a "No. the US Constitution did not have an invisible right to an abortion [in the first trimester]" ? 

Medical professionals and patients and insurance companies classify it as an “abortion”.  Your welcome, you learned something today.

And I agree the Constitution doesn’t say it.  But arguments can be made that SCOTUS disagreed for almost 50 years.  But again, that has nothing to do with my conversation with you.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It took a World War and the deaths of millions of people for Germans to realize their adherence to christofascist beliefs were a horror.

Here's hoping America doesn't have to live through that to realize how awful today was.

My wife is currently looking into moving to Canada. I’m looking into helping the Nebraska Dems (what a lost cause they are!)

I have seen a lot of posts from normally very apolitical people.  I am becoming more hopeful that this might be really bad for the crazy republicans, which is good for all of us!

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

There’s been a whole lot of hyperbolic whining on the social media platforms today. On Twitter, we’ve already reached the point of tracking which corporations have/haven’t put out statements on the matter.

Obviously, I support the decision of the Supreme Court. It absolutely should be a state issue and, in my opinion, abortion should only be performed under medical emergencies, or rape. Outside of those rare instances, abortions are an act of inhumanity, and a gross deflection of personal/moral responsibility. 

Pretty well said.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, funhusker said:

Now that Roe v Wade is overturned and the “mission accomplished”, why would a “Christian” not vote to promote healthcare and reduce gun violence?

Because the democrats are satanic god-hating groomers trying to steal the soul of America.

Literally tens of millions of citizens genuinely believe this.

4 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Because the democrats are satanic god-hating groomers trying to steal the soul of America.

Literally tens of millions of citizens genuinely believe this.

Yes.

But tens of millions voted for Trump to overturn RvW.  That’s done.  Now the focus could be to expand social care because “that’s what god calls us to do”.  

I don’t think I’m crazy for thinking the Dems have a chance at a “reset” here.