Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

First, as a disclaimer, this is NOT my personal view. This IS the view of many in my area of Central Nebraska...and I am sure elsewhere.

This is some of the dumbest load of s#!t I've ever read, and there is no helping people stupid enough to believe any of this, nor stupid enough to think as someone in a rural area that a business man from New York gives a f#&% about them. They are too far gone.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

In earlier posts, I didn’t express well (or at all) how complicated I understand this subject to be. Especially from a moral standpoint. I stand by where I stand on it. I think abortions should be allowed in cases of medical emergencies, rape, and incest. Any state or politician seeking to outlaw abortion (which I know there are) in those instances are as morally corrupt as those seeking abortion in an attempt to deflect moral and personal responsibility. However, most abortions are sought because of the latter, and that’s why I support these decisions going back to the states, despite the melodramatic, and anticipatory reactions to what might come next. I’ve never seen a mother regret having a child after she’s held him/her in their arms, which makes the denial of rights to a child in the womb all the more appalling.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

In earlier posts, I didn’t express well (or at all) how complicated I understand this subject to be. Especially from a moral standpoint. I stand by where I stand on it. I think abortions should be allowed in cases of medical emergencies, rape, and incest. Any state or politician seeking to outlaw abortion (which I know there are) in those instances are as morally corrupt as those seeking abortion in an attempt to deflect moral and personal responsibility. However, most abortions are sought because of the latter, and that’s why I support these decisions going back to the states, despite the melodramatic, and anticipatory reactions to what might come next. I’ve never seen a mother regret having a child after she’s held him/her in their arms, which makes the denial of rights to a child in the womb all the more appalling.

I’m assuming you live in NE?

Will you vote for a person that is asking a 12-year-old rape victim to carry a child?

Because that’s pretty much every Republican in our govt right now.

edit: and I do apologize for the unnecessary tone in my responses last night.  Beers and emotions don’t mix well on message boards.

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

First, as a disclaimer, this is NOT my personal view. This IS the view of many in my area of Central Nebraska...and I am sure elsewhere.

The view of this twat tweeting on twitter and those in central NE and everywhere else who actually believe this is really genuinely coocoo for cocoa puffs. Small town chuds with no purpose LARPing as moral virtue freedom fighters, so corny lmao

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

7 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

despite the melodramatic, and anticipatory reactions to what might come next.

Simple sequence of events:

1. Conservatives on court lied to Senate and entire country stating Roe was settled law and thus safe to get confirmed.

2. They summarily overturn it with no accountability.

3. Thomas explicitly states we should revisit the cases guaranteeing a right to gay marriage and contraception and outlawing sodomy laws.

In no way, shape or form is any of the concern melodramatic. People are correctly concerned about the rights these clowns have out and out told us they want to go after next.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

The view of this twat tweeting on twitter and those in central NE and everywhere else who actually believe this is really genuinely coocoo for cocoa puffs. Small town chuds with no purpose LARPing as moral virtue freedom fighters, so corny lmao

Funny, LARPing is the exact term I was going to use. Those tweets read to me as a right-wing troll on a power trip LARPIing about all their wet dreams.

What these types need reminded is that women's (and LGBTQ) rights do not and should not end where their feelings begin. Ironically, a phrase absolutely loved by Republicans and libertarians alike - however that's really what they're crowing about right now, from Roe to curtailing LGBTQ rights.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

When a potential justice is asked specifically about RvW and their answer is that it’s settled law and precedent but then within months they vote to overturn…

You may be surprised at what else was settled law and Precedent before getting overruled.  

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You may be surprised at what else was settled law and Precedent before getting overruled.  

Please provide some comparable examples. I’ll be lenient, the examples must have been decided within 4 years of the deciding justice’s confirmation hearings where they are on record stating what they subsequently voted to overturn was “settled law” and “precedent”. To be clear, THAT is the issue, not simply that something was overturned. So show me the other SC liars.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You need to get out more. There are plenty of moms who hate their children and wish they were never born. Moms who beat their children. Moms who curse their children. Moms who kick their children out onto the street. Don't be so naive.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Please provide some comparable examples. I’ll be lenient, the examples must have been decided within 4 years of the deciding justice’s confirmation hearings where they are on record stating what they subsequently voted to overturn was “settled law” and “precedent”. To be clear, THAT is the issue, not simply that something was overturned. So show me the other SC liars.

I think this is where the goalpost emoji gets inserted.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think this is where the goalpost emoji gets inserted.  

I’m not moving s#!t. You’re the one that keeps missing what the discussion is about. Of course people know that other rulings have been overturned in the past.   Show me where I have questioned that. The issue I’m talking about is the circumstances, timing and justices lying in their hearings. The fact that you keep returning to something obvious that you said prior does not mean that is what’s being discussed. 

• Plus1 5