Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, teachercd said:

I know you hate choice, that is fine, what other choices do you hate?

Everyone has a choice.  Choices still remain.  Abortion wasn't banned. It goes back to the states.  The choice now may be what state someone may want to live in based on their values. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, ZRod said:

Nice personal dig there. Keep it classy.

I live in the real world. I know there are drunks, druggies, and broken homes. I don't have to associate with those people to know it's reality. I never said abortion was a solution, simply that your premise that every mom loves their child isn't true.

Weren’t you the one who called me ignorant? :facepalm:

I didn’t take a dig at you at you, so I’m sorry you took it that way.

Are you suggesting that women who get abortions, outside of medical emergencies, would end up being poor mothers? I would also question their morality, but I don’t know I’d suggest that they’re all poor mothers….

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Yeah, ok, if the conservative majority wasn't talking out of both sides of the collective arses on back to back days, that may be an interpretation. But one day they argued States did not have the power to address gun rights, the next day States are the only place to decide abortion rights. More cognitive dissonance and in doing so, they overturned more than 150 years of established case law. The Supreme Court was established to run on precedent. Established law informing New law and unusual legal circumstances. You want a group that will just do what they feel because they feel it, go to your local city council meeting. The Supreme Court is supposed to be the stabile that maintains the turbulence of congress and the presidency that is why they are lifetime appointments. Overturning 150 years of precedence should not happen like this. 

I am totally against that decision about the NY gun law.  

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Everyone has a choice.  Choices still remain.  Abortion wasn't banned. It goes back to the states.  The choice now may be what state someone may want to live in based on their values. 

That sounds Anti-Choice to me!

When you go to clinics, what kinds of things do you say to thee women walking in?

It is 100% okay to say you don't want the choice of abortion to even exist, just own it.

I own the fact that I think clinics should be on every street corner like gas stations.  

On 6/25/2022 at 12:28 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

In earlier posts, I didn’t express well (or at all) how complicated I understand this subject to be. Especially from a moral standpoint. I stand by where I stand on it. I think abortions should be allowed in cases of medical emergencies, rape, and incest. Any state or politician seeking to outlaw abortion (which I know there are) in those instances are as morally corrupt as those seeking abortion in an attempt to deflect moral and personal responsibility. However, most abortions are sought because of the latter, and that’s why I support these decisions going back to the states, despite the melodramatic, and anticipatory reactions to what might come next. I’ve never seen a mother regret having a child after she’s held him/her in their arms, which makes the denial of rights to a child in the womb all the more appalling.

Ummm….there are instances of moms killing  their babies after holding them in their arms. 

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Weren’t you the one who called me ignorant? :facepalm:

I didn’t take a dig at you at you, so I’m sorry you took it that way.

Are you suggesting that women who get abortions, outside of medical emergencies, would end up being poor mothers? I would also question their morality, but I don’t know I’d suggest that they’re all poor mothers….

I said you were niave.

I'm not suggesting anything other than your assertion that no mother regrets having a child (or all mothers love their children) is false.

• Plus1 1

Does anyone actually believe RvW being overturned will prevent abortions or save lives?  The wealthy/rich will simply travel to states where it is allowed. The poor  that can’t make the trip will opt for risky procedures that are not safe or sterile.  Do laws stop illegal drug use? All this does is make it inconvenient at best and dangerous/unsafe at worst. I’d bet the net result is even more deaths.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I said you were niave.

I'm not suggesting anything other than your assertion that no mother regrets having a child (or all mothers love their children) is false.

I never suggested that. Either way, the remedy to that problem is killing the child before birth? How many of these terrible mothers had these children, knowing they’d regret it, because they couldn’t get abortions? Weren’t abortions fairly accessible in every state up until a few days ago?

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

That sounds Anti-Choice to me!

When you go to clinics, what kinds of things do you say to thee women walking in?

It is 100% okay to say you don't want the choice of abortion to even exist, just own it.

I own the fact that I think clinics should be on every street corner like gas stations.  

I don’t go to clinics except back in the 1980’s- 90s.  But even then it wasn’t to insult or condemn or judge anyone it was to express that there was an alternative and a support system if the woman was to make the other choice.   I think I’ve made it clear that I don’t support abortion. But outside of rape and incest and physical health of the mother abortion becomes birth control for a choice  a man and woman made previously.  To me that choice, to use abortion as birth control, devalues all of life - unborn and living and makes life less ‘sacred’.  I’m sure some people will make decisions on where they go to college or where they want to live based on where a state stands on the issue- that too is a choice   All choices have consequences (good and bad)and we have to live with them as I know all too well wt bad choices I’ve made in my life.  Sometimes those “bad” consequences become the catalyst for something very good in your life - like an unexpected child. Ok my reply is too long winded. I’ll comb down from my:boxosoap   

Here is the challenge for prolife organizations and states - they are now the dog that has caught the car. What are they going to do with it??  I hope they expand their services and support 100 fold to help women in crisis pregnancies and make adoption easier for those wanting to adopt.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Does anyone actually believe RvW being overturned will prevent abortions or save lives?  The wealthy/rich will simply travel to states where it is allowed. The poor  that can’t make the trip will opt for risky procedures that are not safe or sterile.  Do laws stop illegal drug use? All this does is make it inconvenient at best and dangerous/unsafe at worst. I’d bet the net result is even more deaths.

x1000

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Her is the challenge for prolife organizations and states - they are now the dog that has caught the car. What are they going to do with it??  I hope they expand their services and support 100 fold to help women in crisis pregnancies and make adoption easier for those wanting to adopt.  

I would hope so, but we all know they won't because it was never really about protecting life.

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

That's pretty funny, Joe.  Honestly. 

The first time I read it I thought you meant it as a rallying cry:  a new wave of judicial activism could overturn this grotesque Alito/Thomas over-reach. But you were probably coming at it from the other direction. 

Let's start by making Puerto Rico a state and having Biden appoint a tenth and eleventh Supreme Court justice. Fair enough?

What would that accomplish after President Trump Jr makes Orange County into a state with the blessing to #15 Justice Kimberly Guilfoyle?

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm….there are instances of moms killing  their babies after holding them in their arms. 

Are we going to let them dictate policy?

• Haha 1
On 6/25/2022 at 10:36 PM, Born N Bled Red said:

Yeah, ok, if the conservative majority wasn't talking out of both sides of the collective arses on back to back days, that may be an interpretation. But one day they argued States did not have the power to address gun rights, the next day States are the only place to decide abortion rights. More cognitive dissonance and in doing so, they overturned more than 150 years of established case law. The Supreme Court was established to run on precedent. Established law informing New law and unusual legal circumstances. You want a group that will just do what they feel because they feel it, go to your local city council meeting. The Supreme Court is supposed to be the stabile that maintains the turbulence of congress and the presidency that is why they are lifetime appointments. Overturning 150 years of precedence should not happen like this. 

20 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

And they made the Ds talk about states rights one day and totalitarian feds the next :clap

Do you know why one right goes to the states and the other is adjudicated in Washington?

HE doesn't want to answer.  

There is a very simple reason why the Court held that States can abolish the right to an abortion but they cannot for the right to keep and bear arms. 

• Plus1 1