Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It's a good thing Joseph and Mary were not pro-choice.

pro choice doesn't mean you automatically get an abortion.   also... if i recall my bible correctly....joseph and mary were jewish.   jewish faith says the fetus doesn't have a soul until it is born so abortion isn't murder.   so if we would call them pro choice it would fit in with their religion.

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

I would definitely like to see an effort made on this. But, with today's hyper-partisanship I don't think any middle ground/common sense updates would be achieved.

Sounds like a new thread!!!!

HuskerBoard could be our own constitutional convention!

• Oh Yeah! 2

Funny thing is, they were conducting abortions in Joseph & Mary's age. They've been aborting pregnancies since doulas and midwives and Wise Women and whatnot have existed. So basically since we came out of the trees and made spears and tamed fire.

Women have known what herbs could abort an unwanted or dangerous pregnancy for millennia. If women were considered part of "all men are created equal" back when the slave-owners founded this nation, they would have baked basic reproductive rights into the Constitution.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Sounds like a new thread!!!!

HuskerBoard could be our own constitutional convention!

Great idea. They gotta listen to us amirite?? We could change the World...okay, not the World, but the US...okay not the US but Nebraska...okay not really but sounds worthwhile 

Just now, DevoHusker said:

Great idea. They gotta listen to us amirite?? We could change the World...okay, not the World, but the US...okay not the US but Nebraska...okay not really but sounds worthwhile 

We could make a Huskbord Constitution!

Do we need to declare independence from the mods first???

• Oh Yeah! 3

8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

We could make a Huskbord Constitution!

We the people of HuskerBoard, in order to form a more perfect forum, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the Blackshirt defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the best damned football team in the land.

1st Amendment - The Right to Freedom of Speech

2nd Amendment - The Right to Keep and Bear a f#&%ing Fullback

3rd Amendment - No Husker Fan shall be forced to house a Hawkeye fan for any reason whatsoever without their consent

4th Amendment - Please delete my browser history upon my death

5th Amendment - If you liked the Riley Era, you shall remain Silent

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We the people of HuskerBoard, in order to form a more perfect forum, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the Blackshirt defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the best damned football team in the land.

1st Amendment - The Right to Freedom of Speech

2nd Amendment - The Right to Keep and Bear a f#&%ing Fullback

3rd Amendment - No Husker Fan shall be forced to house a Hawkeye fan for any reason whatsoever without their consent

4th Amendment - Please delete my browser history upon my death

5th Amendment - If you liked the Riley Era, you shall remain Silent

Very good. Especially #4 :ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Pretty much everything I listed could have been done over the last 50 years with the original decision. 

It didn’t. So I guess you might be thinking we are screwed forever?

5 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

I'd like to hear what is different about the NY concealed carry law on Thursday that forced them to can it and why they are able to rule differently with Roe vs Wade in regards to states rights.

One more time; one is the Constitution, the other is not.  Now check the 10th amendment. 

5 hours ago, commando said:

pro choice doesn't mean you automatically get an abortion.   also... if i recall my bible correctly....joseph and mary were jewish.   jewish faith says the fetus doesn't have a soul until it is born so abortion isn't murder.   so if we would call them pro choice it would fit in with their religion.

Almost got me with that one.  In Judaism abortion is not a homicide.  But it is a feticide, and forbidden in some circumstances in different sects. 

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Full disclosure. I met Mike Riley (and Dee) several times at the local coffee shop. They just came over and sat down with us the first time, and we had a chat about Lincoln and the weather and random stuff. You'd never have known he was the head coach of the Huskers. Dee was the sweetest woman, and Coach was super regular and personable. It's really too bad it didn't work out. He's the kind of guy you'd want running the show here.

Ours never had a 7-0 start but he was named Gerry Faust and he had the players saying Hail Mary's on the sideline.  He would have been great fit for a lot of jobs at ND, just not head football coach. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What?

I thought you were saying we could have legislated abortion compromises under Roe, but we didn't. The Roe restriction was that only the 3rd trimester could be legislated right?

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, nic said:

I thought you were saying we could have legislated abortion compromises under Roe, but we didn't. The Roe restriction was that only the 3rd trimester could be legislated right?

No, I'm talking about improved healthcare, improved adoption process, financial support...etc. that I listed.