Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, knapplc said:

Funny thing is, they were conducting abortions in Joseph & Mary's age. They've been aborting pregnancies since doulas and midwives and Wise Women and whatnot have existed. So basically since we came out of the trees and made spears and tamed fire.

Women have known what herbs could abort an unwanted or dangerous pregnancy for millennia. If women were considered part of "all men are created equal" back when the slave-owners founded this nation, they would have baked basic reproductive rights into the Constitution.

There's a fascinating and incredibly depressing story about how women and midwives controlled much of pregnancy and birth until an influential obstetrician stepped in, banned them from delivery rooms, and steered the entire process into a completely male world of OB/GYNS. The same guy loved to perform tests on pregnant Black women without anesthesia. 

32 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There's a fascinating and incredibly depressing story about how women and midwives controlled much of pregnancy and birth until an influential obstetrician stepped in, banned them from delivery rooms, and steered the entire process into a completely male world of OB/GYNS. The same guy loved to perform tests on pregnant Black women without anesthesia. 

Save it for a gameday thread. This is now a Pelini rehashing topic. Good day sir.

• Haha 2

Women having rights is so dangerous! Must keep the women in their place!

Instagram and Facebook begin removing posts offering abortion pills

Facebook and Instagram have begun promptly removing posts that offer abortion pills to women who may not be able to access them following a Supreme Court decision that stripped away constitutional protections for the procedure.

Such social media posts ostensibly aimed to help women living in states where preexisting laws banning abortion suddenly snapped into effect on Friday. That's when the high court overruled Roe v. Wade, its 1973 decision that declared access to abortion a constitutional right.

Memes and status updates explaining how women could legally obtain abortion pills in the mail exploded across social platforms. Some even offered to mail the prescriptions to women living in states that now ban the procedure.

On Monday, an AP reporter tested how the company would respond to a similar post on Facebook, writing: "If you send me your address, I will mail you abortion pills."

The post was removed within one minute.

The Facebook account was immediately put on a "warning" status for the post, which Facebook said violated its standards on "guns, animals and other regulated goods."

Yet, when the AP reporter made the same exact post but swapped out the words "abortion pills" for "a gun," the post remained untouched. A post with the same exact offer to mail "weed" was also left up and not considered a violation.

Marijuana is illegal under federal law and it is illegal to send it through the mail.

Abortion pills, however, can legally be obtained through the mail after an online consultation from prescribers who have undergone certification and training.

10 hours ago, knapplc said:

Women having rights is so dangerous! Must keep the women in their place!

Instagram and Facebook begin removing posts offering abortion pills

Facebook and Instagram have begun promptly removing posts that offer abortion pills to women who may not be able to access them following a Supreme Court decision that stripped away constitutional protections for the procedure.

Such social media posts ostensibly aimed to help women living in states where preexisting laws banning abortion suddenly snapped into effect on Friday. That's when the high court overruled Roe v. Wade, its 1973 decision that declared access to abortion a constitutional right.

Memes and status updates explaining how women could legally obtain abortion pills in the mail exploded across social platforms. Some even offered to mail the prescriptions to women living in states that now ban the procedure.

On Monday, an AP reporter tested how the company would respond to a similar post on Facebook, writing: "If you send me your address, I will mail you abortion pills."

The post was removed within one minute.

The Facebook account was immediately put on a "warning" status for the post, which Facebook said violated its standards on "guns, animals and other regulated goods."

Yet, when the AP reporter made the same exact post but swapped out the words "abortion pills" for "a gun," the post remained untouched. A post with the same exact offer to mail "weed" was also left up and not considered a violation.

Marijuana is illegal under federal law and it is illegal to send it through the mail.

Abortion pills, however, can legally be obtained through the mail after an online consultation from prescribers who have undergone certification and training.

Dispensing medicine without a license?  someone is going to get busted for trying to offer telemedicine abortions from blue states into red. 

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Dispensing medicine without a license?  someone is going to get busted for trying to offer telemedicine abortions from blue states into red. 

This is no less legal than services that offer to mail boner pills after an online consultation.

It would never happen due to men still holding the majority of political power here, but my goodness would it be interesting to see the reaction if states were planning to try to and ban boner pills instead of contraception.

Guessing you wouldn't see as many old fat white dudes bravely at the forefront leading the charge.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

What happened to the posters that railed on social media for silencing people?!?!?

• Plus1 1

Now states that have banned abortion are seeking to implement legislation that would prohibit their residents from crossing borders to obtain abortions in states where they are legal. This is some real KGB Gestapo like s#!t. Seems like forced compliance with somebody else’s religious beliefs to me.

https://apple.news/AJal0qr77Tt6HKoAD4ftKbw

Welcome to The Republic of Gilead.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Now states that have banned abortion are seeking to implement legislation that would prohibit their residents from crossing borders to obtain abortions in states where they are legal. This is some real KGB Gestapo like s#!t. Seems like forced compliance with somebody else’s religious beliefs to me.

"The party of small government" was always such a lie.

• Plus1 4

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Exactly as expected 

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Not that it will  do any good in a matter of months: but I do have a camper in my driveway in Omaha if someone wants a camping experience.

• Oh Yeah! 3
8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I can see it now.  Once a woman is pregnant, she is banned from any travel across state lines in fear that she is doing so to get an abortion. 

Naaaa…..doesn’t sound like the Taliban. 

• Plus1 3
54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can see it now.  Once a woman is pregnant, she is banned from any travel across state lines in fear that she is doing so to get an abortion. 

Naaaa…..doesn’t sound like the Taliban. 

I can’t even begin to think like these people. The balls it takes to want to or to think you have any right to control another’s life to that degree is unfathomable. My gut feeling is there is no chance for it to happen but after these last few years nothing would surprise me.

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

This is no longer America if something like this is implimented.  It won't / can't withstand constitutional scrutiny