Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

That scrutiny will be performed by the Supreme Court, and they'll uphold it.

Yes, I forgot that side of the equation - it is one thing to limit abortion to 15 weeks like the Mississippi bill but the other stuff they are talking about or hinting at (Thomas) :facepalm:. Not to mention the NY gun law rollback. :huh:

19 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

That all begs the question:  If they codify it into law, it will eventually get tested before the SC and we would be back to the same place.  The SC would rule that this issue is a state issue to determine and not a federal issue.  It seems to me, it would have to be a constitutional amendment to codify it.  

• Plus1 2

22 hours ago, funhusker said:

What happened to the posters that railed on social media for silencing people?!?!?

The ones that called for the unlicensed practice of medicine??

19 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Now states that have banned abortion are seeking to implement legislation that would prohibit their residents from crossing borders to obtain abortions in states where they are legal. This is some real KGB Gestapo like s#!t. Seems like forced compliance with somebody else’s religious beliefs to me.

https://apple.news/AJal0qr77Tt6HKoAD4ftKbw

Welcome to The Republic of Gilead.

The good thing to come out of this both for pro and con is that now the state legislatures can debate actual laws meant to govern their state.  This is better than writing laws that actually legal briefs directed at SCOTUS to change precedent.  Who knows, people might even learn who is their state representative.

• Haha 1

Here's my personal take on this Roe Vs Wade ruling (FWIW)....

1. It's interesting how many people are so misinformed on this subject.  I've been talking to numerous people and they keep telling me that the SCOTUS "Overturned the Roe Vs. Wade Law."  Me:  :facepalm:  It shows how much people truly don't give a da*n about Civics in this country anymore.  I knew a guy growing up that taught me everything I needed to know about the basic way our government functions:
    image.png.d00032727ee9fa4574ff5f78426dc3fa.png
  2. I worked the Primary election in May here in the 2nd.  If I had a dollar for every caller I got that:
    1. Didn't know that they weren't registered as they thought they were...
    2. Didn't know that their polling place changed because they threw away the card that Douglas mailed to them all...
    3. Didn't understand how the partisan ballots worked...
    4. Didn't understand that there are times when the polls take a break to collect ballots...
    5. Didn't understand that there was a registration deadline...

I'd be a rich man right now.  People are so unbothered about their own democracy until something happens they don't like, THEN they want to give a da*n.  Meanwhile, MeeMaw and PawPaw with their walkers are working the election until 1:00 am in the morning.  Shameful.
  3. The GOP - I gotta hand it to em.  They know how to play the long game.  Fifty years they worked on this, over numerous administrations, gerrymandering, borderline (and not so borderline) law-breaking attempts to subvert the Constitution.  And here we are.  Dems/Independents - take notes.  Fighting dirty from time to time works.
  4. To all the younger folks...It's cool to protest...march...lay down in the street.  I see you getting gassed, shot with rubber bullets.  I respect that hustle.  But what good is all that pain and misery if you DON'T GO TO THE BALLOT BOX FOR FIVE MINUTES?!?  Sheesh.

That's my rant.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The ones that called for the unlicensed practice of medicine??

The good thing to come out of this both for pro and con is that now the state legislatures can debate actual laws meant to govern their state.  This is better than writing laws that actually legal briefs directed at SCOTUS to change precedent.  Who knows, people might even learn who is their state representative.

Seems like a peach to get to know.  Medieval, Taliban wannabee.