Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Definitely got this part right.

Women in this country ought to unit and protest by tying their tubes.  Drive the birth rate down so low we'd have to rely on "furners" for labor.   The ultimate "f#&% you" MAGAts.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Women in this country ought to unit and protest by tying their tubes.  Drive the birth rate down so low we'd have to rely on "furners" for labor.   The ultimate "f#&% you" MAGAts.

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

Definitely got this part right.

First, most of the posters here that are pro life are anti Trump.

Second, I have found when people know they are wrong, they hate hearing the right answer over and over.

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

First, most of the posters here that are pro life are anti Trump.

Second, I have found when people know they are wrong, they hate hearing the right answer over and over.

I know you catch a lot of shiiite...but in this respect I begrudgingly admit you are right. If folks approve of any reason...they are then pro choice. Just differing levels.

You convinced me.

4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I know you catch a lot of shiiite...but in this respect I begrudgingly admit you are right. If folks approve of any reason...they are then pro choice. Just differing levels.

You convinced me.

Pretty sure this is the first time in my life that anyone has ever said I was right about anything.  

I will take it!

• Oh Yeah! 1

14 hours ago, teachercd said:

Pretty sure this is the first time in my life that anyone has ever said I was right about anything.  

I will take it!

Hey, you are a smart dude so I'm sure you are just being modest.    With that said - I still like pro-life:)  Life has many CHOICES however. :smokin

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Hey, you are a smart dude so I'm sure you are just being modest.    With that said - I still like pro-life:)  Life has many CHOICES however. :smokin

Pro life is the problem though. It presents a no-win zero-compromise type of attitude. Even though you yourself are open to compromise. The term isn't seen that way.

7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Pro life is the problem though. It presents a no-win zero-compromise type of attitude. Even though you yourself are open to compromise. The term isn't seen that way.

I think people confuse the political term with what the term means to them. 

17 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

That's probably very true, and nobody wants to have a discussion to see how similar we all are.

I think the Supreme Court ruling wasn't the worst thing to happen (and maybe legally it was technically correct). It just sucks that we are in a hyper partisan era, and half they states are going to put in horrible laws. That's the real issue. Which is why it should have been handled by Congress at a federal level to prevent all this border/travel BS.

23 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

That is the problem...years ago when Pro Lifers started to market that term they were very careful to choose thee phrase they did because think of the alternative..."Pro Death" of babies!  YOU MONSTER!

But they painted themselves into a corner with the phrase because they did not really mean Pro Life, they mean,  "Hey, how about we can only have abortions for the most unthinkable of crimes/situations that pop up and those crimes/situations will be dictated by us, the Pro Lifers, because we are better people than those Pro Deathers"

It is like "Defund the Police" which was not at all what they really meant and why most normal people laughed at them.  Words have power and consequences and that is what we are seeing here.

The term Pro Life is brilliant marketing, it really is, but it backfired on them and now they try to justify their stance with the old "but".

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Yes, there is the no compromise political term and then the way we feel - which for most of us allows for compromise.

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

That's probably very true, and nobody wants to have a discussion to see how similar we all are.

I think the Supreme Court ruling wasn't the worst thing to happen (and maybe legally it was technically correct). It just sucks that we are in a hyper partisan era, and half they states are going to put in horrible laws. That's the real issue. Which is why it should have been handled by Congress at a federal level to prevent all this border/travel BS.

I do think most people are similar in view - remove the political red meat and those that have to live by stirring up hatred towards the other side and I think most people would not be far apart on the issue.   

Regarding the SC, it was technically the correct decision but very likely the worst possible moment to make that decision as it relates to the country's political climate.  This next SC term, we'll probably see similarly technically correct decisions on other social issues.   

These kind of issues need to be resolved by the people through their representatives and not by 9 jurists in black robes.  

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That is the problem...years ago when Pro Lifers started to market that term they were very careful to choose thee phrase they did because think of the alternative..."Pro Death" of babies!  YOU MONSTER!

So would the better word be Pro-Choice Type A (current pro-choice group) and Pro-choice Type B (current pro-life group).   I'm just giving you a hard time.  I can admit that in a sense we are all pro-choicers unless you give no allowances for the hard cases (rape,  deformity, life of the mother, etc)

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, there is the no compromise political term and then the way we feel - which for most of us allows for compromise.

I do think most people are similar in view - remove the political red meat and those that have to live by stirring up hatred towards the other side and I think most people would not be far apart on the issue.   

Regarding the SC, it was technically the correct decision but very likely the worst possible moment to make that decision as it relates to the country's political climate.  This next SC term, we'll probably see similarly technically correct decisions on other social issues.   

These kind of issues need to be resolved by the people through their representatives and not by 9 jurists in black robes.  

So would the better word be Pro-Choice Type A (current pro-choice group) and Pro-choice Type B (current pro-life group).   I'm just giving you a hard time.  I can admit that in a sense we are all pro-choicers unless you give no allowances for the hard cases (rape,  deformity, life of the mother, etc)

I was thinking 

Pro Life*

Pro Choice

Pro Ain't No Baby Ever Getting Killed (but that doesn't fit all that well lon a sign"

Can we move on from this thread hijacking of language? 

Everyone knows what pro-life means and everyone also knows that there is a range of different things it can mean to different people, usually with exceptions and allowances for scenarios. There's nothing interesting about suddenly acknowledging that big grouping terms are language shortcuts that don't encapsulate nuance.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Can we move on from this thread hijacking of language? 

Everyone knows what pro-life means and everyone also knows that there is a range of different things it can mean to different people, usually with exceptions and allowances for scenarios. There's nothing interesting about suddenly acknowledging that big grouping terms are language shortcuts that don't encapsulate nuance.

We literally are proving that most Pro lifers are actually pro choicers, we have even had posters post how they have changed their mind because of the language.  

Think about that, posters have actually changed life long stances because of the language and that is not interesting?

My advice, just block/ignore me and/or any others that post about things that you find boring.

Or are you just on a chromebook and it takes forever to load up posts?  If that is the case, I am on your side.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

We literally are proving that most Pro lifers are actually pro choicers, we have even had posters post how they have changed their mind because of the language.  

Think about that, posters have actually changed life long stances because of the language and that is not interesting?

My advice, just block/ignore me and/or any others that post about things that you find boring.

Or are you just on a chromebook and it takes forever to load up posts?  If that is the case, I am on your side.

I don’t have anything to add on this subject but could you please, please type words that I find interesting. Thank you :lol:

• Haha 2