Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"The ban includes limited exceptions, including in cases of rape and incest, and to protect the life and physical health of the mother. 

The exceptions for rape and incest are limited to 10 weeks post-fertilization, meaning victims could not get an abortion in Indiana after that. "

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

"The ban includes limited exceptions, including in cases of rape and incest, and to protect the life and physical health of the mother. 

The exceptions for rape and incest are limited to 10 weeks post-fertilization, meaning victims could not get an abortion in Indiana after that. "

So a rape victim has to overcome all the shame and stigma, all the challenges to her credibility, all the legal obstructions that can arise to her claim by religious zealots, before she can get basic human healthcare.

No other first-world nation has such obstructions. It's a horror show in America right now.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So a rape victim has to overcome all the shame and stigma, all the challenges to her credibility, all the legal obstructions that can arise to her claim by religious zealots, before she can get basic human healthcare.

No other first-world nation has such obstructions. It's a horror show in America right now.

The ACLU tweet said "ban". I provided data from the article that indicates its not. And, the Governor has to sign it, which may or may not happen.

I agree with your arguments that rape victims should not be subjected to further trauma.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

How do they determine if the claim of rape or incest is real?

Can anyone just say they were raped? Or do they need to have someone found guilty in the justice system within 10 weeks?

16 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

How do they determine if the claim of rape or incest is real?

Can anyone just say they were raped? Or do they need to have someone found guilty in the justice system within 10 weeks?

What are 3 questions the government shouldn’t be asking anyone?

How do they square this s#!t with  HIPAA? Sorry but it is nobody’s GD business when a woman’s last period was or what happened at her obgyn appointment.

I don’t like abortion being used for birth control and I don’t like the idea of late term abortions but, ya know what, it doesn’t matter what I or anyone else thinks or likes. Stay the F out of our private lives Republicans.

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

What are 3 questions the government shouldn’t be asking anyone?

How do they square this s#!t with  HIPAA? Sorry but it is nobody’s GD business when a woman’s last period was or what happened at her obgyn appointment.

I don’t like abortion being used for birth control and I don’t like the idea of late term abortions but, ya know what, it doesn’t matter what I or anyone else thinks or likes. Stay the F out of our private lives Republicans.

So, I think everyone would probably agree that the following countries are viewed as very religious when it comes to practicing Christianity: Mexico, Ireland, Spain, and Greece.

How f#&%ed up is it that they all have less strick laws on abortion than Indiana? All of them allow legal abortion up to 12 weeks with no restrictions.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, ZRod said:

So, I think everyone would probably agree that the following countries are viewed as very religious when it comes to practicing Christianity: Mexico, Ireland, Spain, and Greece.

How f#&%ed up is it that they all have less strick laws on abortion than Indiana? All of them allow legal abortion up to 12 weeks with no restrictions.

I used to say I was anti abortion. Then I said I was pro life. 

Now, with help from @teachercd

and others, I admit I am pro choice "with restrictions".

Over 90% of abortions fall into the just because category.

I hope that they can somehow codify...safe/legal/rare but allow choice to 10 or 12 weeks...just like the other nations you mentioned.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I used to say I was anti abortion. Then I said I was pro life. 

Now, with help from @teachercd

and others, I admit I am pro choice "with restrictions".

Over 90% of abortions fall into the just because category.

I hope that they can somehow codify...safe/legal/rare but allow choice to 10 or 12 weeks...just like the other nations you mentioned.

We've been "pro-life" vs "pro-choice" for so long; but we've pretty much always agreed for the most part.  I'm starting to be thankful for RvW to be gone just so we can rip this bandaid off!

Even my wife, who is very, very, very prochoice.  Can agree that "just because" abortions can be done within 12-16 weeks.

But laws do need to be clear so women facing health issues or babies with abnormalities incompatible with life will never be questioned.  Making doctors 2nd guess treatments in possible emergencies is ridiculous!

It's anecdotal, but there was a woman in Texas that went in with an ectopic pregnancy and almost bled out because the Dr's in the ER weren't sure what was legal to do or not.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'm not sure what this means.

I bet you do...but I'll play along.

Somewhere around 7% of abortions are due to rape, incest, or health of the mother.  So over 90% are for the myriad of other reasons chosen to kill the unborn child, which can be referred to as just because...rather than listing the myriad of other reasons.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

It means people want to categorize the reasons other people are getting abortions based on their own pre-conceived notions of those reasons.

Or, it means people don't :dunno

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1