Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I covered "elective" abortions with "just because". Haven't we been bombarded with what a woman does with/to her body is nobody else's business and they don't need to justify a reason? How would you classify that...? 

I also gave a nod to the myriad reasons they may make such a choice, without spelling out particulars. That seems to be what pro abortion folks want. 

Not sure why you are calling me dismissive.

He's calling you dismissive because you're being dismissive. You're dismissing the idea that there can be any other abortion reason that's justified. It's ok to admit you're being dismissive. "Just because" implies the reasons for the abortions aren't good/justified. If you don't understand that you don't have a good grasp of the English language.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

He's calling you dismissive because you're being dismissive. You're dismissing the idea that there can be any other abortion reason that's justified. It's ok to admit you're being dismissive. "Just because" implies the reasons for the abortions aren't good/justified. If you don't understand that you don't have a good grasp of the English language.

I know this is tough for you to understand...just because you...or RedDenver... say so does not make it true. I implied nothing of the sort, and you didn't read my other posts contextually.

Perhaps you can have someone with a grasp of the English language explain the term.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2

The last couple of pages is a really good example of why Dems can’t make much progress in red states. 

A person actually concedes to a more “liberal” viewpoint and folks still find a way to make him feel bad about it.

My god, this discussion is pathetic…

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'm calling out your attempt to be dismissive of any other reasons based on the language you used in your post. It has nothing to do with knowing you as I can read what you've written.

And I especially like where you assert that your point is true - again without anything to back it up but your own personal view while simultaneously accusing me of bickering based on my personal view - that's rich.

Did you honestly not know what @DevoHusker meant?

Making a mountain out of a freaking mole hill.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
45 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Fox News et al is why Dems will never make progress in Red states. Let's not kid ourselves.

Do you honestly not see the point @RedDenver, @Moiraine and I are making?

Yes. The FoxNews that claim liberals are whiny “know it alls” that will never be happy…

I see your point. I just don’t see the point of you making the point.

You get my point?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, funhusker said:

I see it.  I just don’t see the point of you making the point.

You get my point?

I get your point and I think you're dead wrong. Treating these women who, often against their will, have to go through an incredibly emotional and harrowing experience like they're doing it on a whim is a bad thing.

The idea that women blithely get an abortion is a key fallacy for those who vote to ban abortions.

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I get your point and I think you're dead wrong. Treating these women who, often against their will, have to go through an incredibly emotional and harrowing experience like they're doing it on a whim is a bad thing.

The idea that women blithely get an abortion is a key fallacy for those who vote to ban abortions.

Okay.  Maybe you didn't understand what Devo was saying...

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, funhusker said:

Okay.  Maybe you didn't understand what Devo was saying...

He lumped those women into "just because." Twice. Even after being informed that people find that phraseology unkind.

There's a thousand ways to describe the reasons women get abortions. That was a choice.

I'm reasonably certain I know what he's saying. Maybe you don't know what he's saying.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He lumped those women into "just because." Twice. Even after being informed that people find that phraseology unkind.

There's a thousand ways to describe the reasons women get abortions. That was a choice.

I'm reasonably certain I know what he's saying. Maybe you don't know what he's saying.

You don't know. And worse, don't care. I explained my point, but as usual, you dismiss it and say you know.my intention better than I do myself. 

How long ago was it that you flat out called me a liar??

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

You don't know. And worse, don't care. I explained my point, but as usual, you dismiss it and say you know.my intention better than I do myself. 

How long ago was it that you flat out called me a liar??

Were you told that people felt, despite your explanation, that lumping 97% of abortions into "just because" sounded offensive? Yes.

Did you modify your approach? No. You didn't apologize or offer to change. You dug in your heels and now you're doubling down. It's everyone else's fault that your choice of phrase was not well received.

• Plus1 1
Just now, knapplc said:

Were you told that people felt, despite your explanation, that lumping 97% of abortions into "just because" sounded offensive? Yes.

Did you modify your approach? No. You didn't apologize or offer to change. You dug in your heels and now you're doubling down. It's everyone else's fault that your choice of phrase was not well received.

There seems to be only one or two "offended". I was even told I don't understand the English language. Why in the world would I apologize to you? 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

There seems to be only one or two "offended". I was even told I don't understand the English language. Why in the world would I apologize to you? 

You offended people and refuse to apologize. And then play the victim.

Yeah, libruls are really the problem in Red state America.  :rolleyes:

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1