Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You'd have to correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think anybody has been charged and inprisioned yet?  Didn't it just go inte effect?

I said they'd get their pick of prombono representation as this is sure to be challenged and potentially go to the Supreme Court and I think there will be support and funding for their defense from all over the nation.

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

You'd have to correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think anybody has been charged and inprisioned yet?  Didn't it just go inte effect?

I said they'd get their pick of prombono representation as this is sure to be challenged and potentially go to the Supreme Court and I think there will be support and funding for their defense from all over the nation.

This is not a criminal trial.  It’s a civil suit. 

• TBH 1

Ok - isn't it the first of it's kind is my point?  I think there will be great support for an aggressive defense that will help the accused.  And I think that it will likely be done by talented folks who believe that this law is outrageous, and I believe that because of the topic and it's involvement of Roe it will likely get appealed to the highest of courts.  

Am I pi$$ed that it's gone this far?  Yes you bet.  Do I think that this case or others like it are the first step toward turning back to the court for review the grave mistake they made on overturning Roe?  Yes  .It will take cases like this for that ruling to be reviewed and tweaked and rolled back.  Sadly.  But I think our best and brightest will volunteer for the job.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

It's good to see that, even in some red states, courts are pushing back on this nuttery.

NEWS: The Oklahoma Supreme Court has overturned part of the state's sweeping abortion ban, finding in a 5-4 decision that the health and life of the mother are instances where it must be permitted. The exception was previously limited to medical emergencies where the patient was "in actual and present danger in order for her to obtain a medically necessary abortion.” Oklahoma still has a long way to go in order to reverse the harmful effects of limiting the instances where a woman has bodily autonomy, but this small step is still progress.

• Oh Yeah! 1
25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's good to see that, even in some red states, courts are pushing back on this nuttery.

NEWS: The Oklahoma Supreme Court has overturned part of the state's sweeping abortion ban, finding in a 5-4 decision that the health and life of the mother are instances where it must be permitted. The exception was previously limited to medical emergencies where the patient was "in actual and present danger in order for her to obtain a medically necessary abortion.” Oklahoma still has a long way to go in order to reverse the harmful effects of limiting the instances where a woman has bodily autonomy, but this small step is still progress.

This sounds like an activist court to me. The law makers wrote the law as intended, why should the courts be allowed to overrule them? /s